TripAdvisor
Shakopee
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews free arcade games free massage chairs room was clean pool and hot tub sausage a great place to stay shakopee area staff was very friendly and helpful definitely stay here again pool area is hot breakfast valley wedding motel computers video renaissance
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Called to rebook at lower price with the manager Christine. She never called me back but did give us 1 night at lower price. I also missed out on alot of points. Most amenities don't work & staff is rude about. Don't want to hear about it or fix it.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
511bestw, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.we hope we can make your stay a more better and comfortable stay in the near future. once again we truly apologize

Reviewed September 2, 2019

The price for the hotel was not a bargain. The lobby was tired, dated and really kind of dirty with broken/ ripped chairs. The "Arcade" was a couple of old computers and 2 riding motorcycles that were not on. Massage room was a few old massage chairs. Breakfast was pretty stale, server was coughing on food nonstop and a big sign that no food can be taken to room. And outside (maybe family members?) Were coming in to eat breakfast. Room sheets/bed were nice. Carpet, curtains, furniture were worn,l like they may be hiding alot if dirt. Stopper in sink missing, things like that -just not a real good feeling, stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
511bestw, Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

We are very sorry that you were not directed to the actual arcade at the end of the first hall. We have quite a few free games located there. We appreciate your business & hope you have many safe travels.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

I should have paid closer attention to the previous reviews but hey this was a Best Western and I have never really had a bad experience at a Best Western... until now. This is the worst BW I have ever stayed in with the most issues. To start with upon check-in I gave my ID and CC to the clerk and before I realized what she was doing she scanned my ID into their computer which really pissed me off. I did not give them permission to copy my ID and when I objected she said it was in case there was an issue with my credit card or something. Well I am a BW Rewards Gold Member (soon to be Platinum) so I don't think I am going around ripping off Best Western's. This can lead to identity theft. She offered to remove the file from the computer which I insisted she do. She did something but I was unable to see for myself if the file had been removed or not. Ruined my stay right at the check in but it was just getting started.

She checked me in and sent me to the wrong room. I had carried all my belongings up to the 3rd floor and couldn't get the door open. Left everything in the hallway and ran downstairs to find she had sent me to the wrong room number.

The room itself has a very soft bed that sags in the center. If you like firm comfortable beds don't stay here. The refrigerator barely got anything chilled overnight let alone cold. None of the ice machines were working.

Breakfast doesn't start until 6:30 AM. Maybe one of 2 or 3 hotels that I have stayed at in the past 7 years out of dozens that doesn't start at 6AM. Got a late start because of it.

I have stayed at two Sure Stays (which is a lower level branded hotel in the BW chain) and both were better than this place. Read the reviews carefully before you decide to stay here. For the price you pay you can do better, a lot better. Never again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

I'm sure the manager will be along to comment about my review with a bunch of excuses but do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else where you don't have to worry about your ID ending up in an unsecured hotel computer. There is NO reason that a hotel needs to make copies of your ID. Period.. end of story.. regardless of what they say.

Date of stay: August 2019
511bestw, General Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay here. Seeing as the only thing you reported being wrong with your stay was your issue with the IDs being scanned, it's a little hard for us to rectify the issues we are only told about after you have checked out & gone. Tho I might add the agent was very understanding & offered to erase the ID voluntarily. That is completely against our policy because even tho YOU may not be "ripping anybody off" there are people in this world who are not as on the up & up as you Sir. We take copies of identification to be able to give to police if a guest has a medical emergency or if the guest happens to be of the shady sort. That being said we are glad for your feedback & you have a great time on your trip.

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Have stayed here in the past, liked the property and amenities so we decided to stay again. Our room was horribly musty with a nasty odor. Moved rooms and had the same problem. Never offered a discount

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
511bestw, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

We are so sorry you had these issues & that they were not resolved. I am personally trying to rectify the odor issues myself. Please we would like another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed August 1, 2019

The hotel was decently priced, nice and clean. Nothing too remarkable (though the old arcade games were a fun touch). During breakfast they ran out of things, and what they did have was a bit sub-par. Our bathtub faucet also dripped non-stop, which was a bit annoying. Otherwise I would have given them a 4 instead of a three. I would probably give them another chance though, if we're needing a place to stay in the area.

Date of stay: July 2019
Best W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

We are very sorry about the issues with breakfast. We've been transitioning & its been a little rough. We appreciate the review & look forward to seeing again if you are in the area.