All reviews free arcade games free massage chairs pool and hot tub room was clean sausage a great place to stay shakopee area up to date definitely stay here again pool area is staff was very friendly valley wedding motel renaissance video soap
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2019

This is our 3rd year coming to this property and we will continue to come back! The hotel is clean and the hot breakfasts are delicious! The staff is always welcoming and go out of their way to make sure our stay with them is perfect! The massage chairs, in the lobby, are a family favorite!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and kind words! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

I am very good at checking out reviews on places and things before I act on them. This hotel had decent reviews and for the price, the Jacuzzi and the location, we decided it was a go! Check in was smooth and pleasant and the lady who checked us is was as sweet as pie. As we were walking to our room, we heard several dogs barking, kids fighting and babies crying. Not quite the start to our New Years Eve and Wedding Anniversary Celebration! That is why we went, to get away from kids and we hired someone to watch OUR dog, not to hear barking and dealing with her. I decided I would drown the noise and utilize the hot tub while hubby took a nap. I fill the hot tub with hot water, get in and looked for the switch to turn it on, to my surprise, it was BROKEN, the jacuzzi did not work! Here I was in the water and super disappointed. Hubby went to report it but with no success, do to no maintenance around and I certainly was not in the mood to have this going on while we were suppose to be relaxing and celebrating! The lady from the front desk offered us another room, but we didn't want to waste time packing up all over again and moving. Time was ticking and we had a plan to go to the Casino, have dinner, watch a live DJ and gamble until the New Year countdown came! In conclusion, we stayed in the room, did the Casino stuff. Grateful for the late return hour and come back to sleeping kids and animals. The bed was comfortable, the shower water was okay, had to wait a long time for the hot water to come. The toilet paper roll was left almost done on the dispenser. I am used to having a new roll placed for new customers. There were no toiletries, only a small bar of soap. They had a dispenser mounted in the shower for all of the cleaning uses! Weird...The hotel did offer a pretty decent breakfast with eggs and all of the trimmings. I did not eat but hubby said everything was good. Breakfast hours were short. 6am to 9:30 am. We checked out early and I just couldnt help but to leave feeling sad. I wished to have a better experience, especially for the reasons why we were there and why we even chose this hotel. I hope that the jacuzzi gets repaired for the customers after me. The rooms decor and look is a little dated looking. And last but not least. Dont put non pet customers on the floor that there are extended stay families and pets. Thank you to the lovely lady that did her best to do her job effertlessly!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. New Years Eve is always a busy night for any hotel as most people are out late to celebrate the holiday and therefore it can get a bit noisy. We are also one of the only hotels in Shakopee that allow dogs. We do have an entire floor that is pet free and upon request we can make sure to place you on that floor. We do hope you stay with us again to give us another chance to show you a great stay.

Reviewed December 3, 2018

If you are a member rewards, you will see the difference, they treat you and recognize you! They upgrade me and gave me the best rate! The room was great, clean, quiet, breakfast was good, they have pool, hot tub, newspaper and a massage room for free! I recommend this hotel! The best the staff is so caring, they made feel at home! Definitely next time I will be in town, this will be my first option!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best W, Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

from the staff of best western Shakopee we really are excited that we was able to guarantee you an great and relaxing stay ,,,we look forward to having you again in the near future

Reviewed November 19, 2018

Appreciate a pet friendly hotel! Please be a responsible, clean traveler with pets. I appreciate a good motel bargain in a safe convenient area. When traveling alone with pets it is so nice to find a room that has easy access with close parking. A handy exit and access to a safe, well lit dog exercise/potty area is so appreciate. Convenient clean up equipment would be a good addition.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best W, Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the ideas!

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Selected for convienent location along our multi state travel, we were greeted by friendly staff at the reception checkin. Room was clean and well appointed and nicely met our needs. Morning breakfast had wide offerings and again had the most pleasant hotel staff who made sure business was being taken care of but also had time for pleasant conversation about the Shakopee area and nearby attractions that we inquired about. Thanks for a great stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Best W, Manager at Best Western Shakopee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come stay with us again!