All reviews mystic lake canterbury park friends and family yogurt casino games
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Was very impressed with this property! I chose to stay here because of the location and affordable price. Some friends and I went to a concert at Mystic Lake Casino. Front desk was friendly and helpful. They even have a FREE shuttle to the casino! It was perfect because we didn't have to spend any extra money catching a Lyft or Uber.
Room was clean, linens were fresh and new. Beds were super comfy with 3 pillows. They have a hot breakfast. Eggs, sausage, yogurt, coffee, juice and such (good selections).
Huge pool area. Went in the hot tub, which was spacious. I am really surprised this place doesn't have better ratings, I was completely satisfied with my stay. I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Robin M, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Thank you Greg for your positive review. We have been busily renovating the property - and looks like you were able to experience exactly what we had hoped for our guests. We hope you will choose us again the next time you stay in the Shakopee area.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

On a whim we ended up here and I was a bit suspect at first simply because years ago I had been here. I had a business meeting with the Renaissance Festival and their offices were located within the hotel. Yet, we did not want to stay at the Casino and this was close enough.

The Front Desk Lady was very friendly and our room was quite spacious and roomy. Things were clean and though there was some upgrading that could have been done in the hallways... there was nothing horribly wrong.

Even though I'm not a breakfast person, the free breakfast had a wide variety and the people serving/cooking were very friendly and even walked around and asked how things were and were very friendly. This was truly impressive as I've traveled all over and paid considerably more than I did here and no one would ask me how things were. As I watched a gentleman walk around he sincerely appeared to be interested in what people had to say.

I would stay here again... sure there were a few things which could have been better, yet, with the death of customer service... I have to say, this was a very nice hotel things were clean and though not upgraded to the 9's it was a place where I felt welcome.

I would recommend!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Robin M, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Shakopee Area.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We had an interior atrium view room and didn't have the ability to get fresh air in the room and the heat/air was unable to help cool the room down. It was way too stuffy in the room. The directions to get to the attached restaurant was a bit confusing, but it was nice to be able to walk inside to get to it.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing our Shakopee Baymont for your most recent stay. We look forward to having you visit again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 4, 2019

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The pool area is decent but the there are two hot tubs and kids jumping in and out of both when one could easily be adults only. The thermostat was broken and noisy and maintenance basically shrugged it off and said "well that's about as good as you'll get."

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

we are sorry your stay was less than we had hoped. we hope you will give us another chance in the future to make things right.

Reviewed March 23, 2019

What you see on the internet is not what you will see in person. Just do not waste your money. Service to cleanliness is less than adequate. Heating and air conditioning not working properly. Smell is old and musty. This place should not even be in business, seriously.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Robin M, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Shakopee, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Hello - I am sorry to hear your stay was less than what you expected, we have been busily renovating our property for improvements. If I can further assist you with your stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be more than happy to address your concerns. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us a second chance and choose to stay with us.