“Good Stay for a great price”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Good Stay for a great price”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had a very good experience with this location. From when I started to plan this and the helpfulness of the staff. Megan was a great help in the planning and getting us a great weekly rate. While there she was also very helpful in planning day trips to the surrounding area attractions. I would recommend staying here and if you get the help of Megan it will be a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Doug M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay.
We are happy to hear you had such a great time visiting our hotel. I will share your comments with Megan. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you consider us in your future travels.

Jeffrey Abbott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room that we were given had a bad oder and the bed was practically sitting on the floor. We were given a different room which was better but dated and not really clean. We stayed for only one night instead of two.

Room Tip: Room away from the pool is best if you don't want the noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Pat K,
I apologize our rooms were not up to your expectations. I will alert our housekeeping staff of your comments and we will address right away. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's a nice enough hotel -- clean, comfortable. The suite we had was fine. But the advertised high-speed Internet didn't reach our room. Is that because the Internet was temporarily malfunctioning? No, it's because the Internet at the America's Best Value Inn & Suites simply doesn't reach some of the rooms. So ... if that's important to you -- or, by extension, if it's important to be able to trust the statements about the hotel made by the hotel's website or its administration ... you might want to consider someplace else. By misrepresenting what was available at the hotel, Shakopee Americas BV Inn&Suites deprived us of the option of finding someplace that better suited our needs.

Room Tip: If you want Internet, I guess you have to ... call the main desk and say "Can I get a room that...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
JohnWolfe,
I apologize our wireless internet did not reach your room. We are in the process of updating our routers so this will not be an issue much longer. We are glad to hear you found the rest of our property and rooms clean and comfortable. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tucson
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed from 17-24 August 13 for a golf trip. I made my reservations over the phone and the girl who assisted me was extremely friendly and helpful. Upgraded to a suite but wish we hadn't. The suite part of the room was very dated with a small bar in the corner. Had to squeeze between the couch and the bar to get back to the small frig. Other than that the room was adequate. Breakfast is included and was OK. Nothing special, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal, etc. The pool is indoors and was OK. Lots of kids during the weekend. The elevator broke about 4 times so we had to take the stairs. Just one of those things. The only thing that we really had a problem with is that they only made our bed once the whole time we were there. I would pull the sheets up to the pillows before we would leave for the day and they were exactly where we put them when we got back. I spoke with the front desk about my concern and they told me they did not really know what housekeeping was supposed to do. One day they did not even bring us any clean towels, no service that day. Other than that, everything was just OK. If I were going to play golf in the area again, I would look at some other hotels first.

Room Tip: Don't reserve the suites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Brian K,
I apologize our main elevator went down while you were here. Thankfully we have 2 elevators, so everyone just used the other elevator that day when the main one went down. We did call our servicing company right away and they came out to fix it. I am sorry your room didn't get cleaned every day, if you had your 'do not disturb' sign up during the day our housekeeping team will not enter your room that day. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We walked in & were able to get into a room early - our central air at home had broken and we needed a night to cool down! Front desk staff was very friendly!
We had a poolside "suite" on the 2nd floor. Room was very outdated and tight! Smelled weird, furniture was stained, but otherwise was pretty clean. The bed was made, but when I turned the bed down, there was black body hair on the sheets like perhaps the linens hadn't been changed after the last guest. I asked if we could have all of our bed linens changed. Within 10 minutes, 2 women knocked on our door & quickly changed the sheets.
pool, hot tubs and breakfast are great!!

• Stayed August 2013
Eckle75,
I apologize that the room did not meet your expectations, we are always looking to make improvements. I will forward your comments on to our management team. I can assure you we do change the bedding after every guest checks out. We are so glad you enjoyed our indoor pool area and hot breakfast. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The location was good but the service was horrible.1.They said that we would have a pool side room well we were facing the wall.2.The arcade was closed.3.our tv barely worked.The beds are comfy and the rooms are pretty clean.But it's average.They could have better service if you go.

• Stayed August 2013
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Fiurwyikjjbcxssd,
I apologize we did not meet your expectations. Our poolside rooms are the most popular during the weekends and we sell out of those very fast. I am sorry we did not have the availability when you arrived. Our arcade is now in working condition and I will have our maintenance team check all our TVs for and issues. We are glad you found the bed comfortable and the rooms clean. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We came down on a spur of the moment trip. My son and I went to Valley Fair. The room was simple and comfortable. WE very much enjoyed the continental breakfast, very good selection of items (hot and cold).
I have two complaints, 1) our coffee maker leaked, and 2) there was a weird smell in the hallway...smelled kind of like rotten fruit.
We would definately stay here again though

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
pulabean,
We are glad you found the room comfortable and had time to enjoy our hot breakfast. If you could email or call me with the room number you stayed in I will replace the coffee maker right away. Also, we have used a new scent to shampoo our hallways. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Jeffrey Abbott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis? Share your experiences!