“Look around before going here”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room that we were given had a bad oder and the bed was practically sitting on the floor. We were given a different room which was better but dated and not really clean. We stayed for only one night instead of two.

Room Tip: Room away from the pool is best if you don't want the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Pat K,
I apologize our rooms were not up to your expectations. I will alert our housekeeping staff of your comments and we will address right away. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope you consider us in your future travels.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's a nice enough hotel -- clean, comfortable. The suite we had was fine. But the advertised high-speed Internet didn't reach our room. Is that because the Internet was temporarily malfunctioning? No, it's because the Internet at the America's Best Value Inn & Suites simply doesn't reach some of the rooms. So ... if that's important to you -- or, by extension, if it's important to be able to trust the statements about the hotel made by the hotel's website or its administration ... you might want to consider someplace else. By misrepresenting what was available at the hotel, Shakopee Americas BV Inn&Suites deprived us of the option of finding someplace that better suited our needs.

Room Tip: If you want Internet, I guess you have to ... call the main desk and say "Can I get a room that...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

JohnWolfe,
I apologize our wireless internet did not reach your room. We are in the process of updating our routers so this will not be an issue much longer. We are glad to hear you found the rest of our property and rooms clean and comfortable. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed from 17-24 August 13 for a golf trip. I made my reservations over the phone and the girl who assisted me was extremely friendly and helpful. Upgraded to a suite but wish we hadn't. The suite part of the room was very dated with a small bar in the corner. Had to squeeze between the couch and the bar to get back to the small frig. Other than that the room was adequate. Breakfast is included and was OK. Nothing special, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal, etc. The pool is indoors and was OK. Lots of kids during the weekend. The elevator broke about 4 times so we had to take the stairs. Just one of those things. The only thing that we really had a problem with is that they only made our bed once the whole time we were there. I would pull the sheets up to the pillows before we would leave for the day and they were exactly where we put them when we got back. I spoke with the front desk about my concern and they told me they did not really know what housekeeping was supposed to do. One day they did not even bring us any clean towels, no service that day. Other than that, everything was just OK. If I were going to play golf in the area again, I would look at some other hotels first.

Room Tip: Don't reserve the suites.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Brian K,
I apologize our main elevator went down while you were here. Thankfully we have 2 elevators, so everyone just used the other elevator that day when the main one went down. We did call our servicing company right away and they came out to fix it. I am sorry your room didn't get cleaned every day, if you had your 'do not disturb' sign up during the day our housekeeping team will not enter your room that day. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We walked in & were able to get into a room early - our central air at home had broken and we needed a night to cool down! Front desk staff was very friendly!
We had a poolside "suite" on the 2nd floor. Room was very outdated and tight! Smelled weird, furniture was stained, but otherwise was pretty clean. The bed was made, but when I turned the bed down, there was black body hair on the sheets like perhaps the linens hadn't been changed after the last guest. I asked if we could have all of our bed linens changed. Within 10 minutes, 2 women knocked on our door & quickly changed the sheets.
pool, hot tubs and breakfast are great!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Eckle75,
I apologize that the room did not meet your expectations, we are always looking to make improvements. I will forward your comments on to our management team. I can assure you we do change the bedding after every guest checks out. We are so glad you enjoyed our indoor pool area and hot breakfast. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The location was good but the service was horrible.1.They said that we would have a pool side room well we were facing the wall.2.The arcade was closed.3.our tv barely worked.The beds are comfy and the rooms are pretty clean.But it's average.They could have better service if you go.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Fiurwyikjjbcxssd,
I apologize we did not meet your expectations. Our poolside rooms are the most popular during the weekends and we sell out of those very fast. I am sorry we did not have the availability when you arrived. Our arcade is now in working condition and I will have our maintenance team check all our TVs for and issues. We are glad you found the bed comfortable and the rooms clean. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We came down on a spur of the moment trip. My son and I went to Valley Fair. The room was simple and comfortable. WE very much enjoyed the continental breakfast, very good selection of items (hot and cold).
I have two complaints, 1) our coffee maker leaked, and 2) there was a weird smell in the hallway...smelled kind of like rotten fruit.
We would definately stay here again though

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

pulabean,
We are glad you found the room comfortable and had time to enjoy our hot breakfast. If you could email or call me with the room number you stayed in I will replace the coffee maker right away. Also, we have used a new scent to shampoo our hallways. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This isn't the Ritz, but dollar for dollar I'd stay here every time. The hotel is welcoming, the staff is great, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are really quiet and clean. Breakfast is as expected for a hotel breakfast buffet. Our kids loved the pool, and it was a nice extra to have the breakfast and the tables around the pool so we could all gather there while the kids swam. So often the pool is a tiny boxed in room, it was nice to have room to stretch out and enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

SusanTravells,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you had time to enjoy our large atrium area with the pool, hot tubs and gathering area. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Your feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Jeffrey Abbott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis? Share your experiences!