“Authentic Mexican Food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I moved to Minnesota from Phoenix, Arizona a few years ago and have been thrilled at my discovery of Taco Loco. It's been difficult to find even tolerable Mexican food in Minnesota, but Taco Loco is terrific. I admit that I haven't tried too many of their items because I love their carne asada tacos so much -- my "usual" is combo number one -- but I haven't been disappointed yet. COME GET SOME!

Reviewed February 9, 2011

When I first walked in I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and the prices seemed very reasonable, but I was extremely dissapointed with the quality of my food, and so was everyone else that was with me. First off our food took forever, which by no means could qualify as fast food!!! If I had that time to kill I would have gone across the street to El Toro where I have never been dissapointed. The prices seemed good but the chicken in my torta was obviously from a can, so you can imagine the quality of my food as a whole. They didn't even slather beans and guacamole on to mask the nasty dryness of the inferior quality of "meat" which would have at least made it edible. I couldn't even find the beans :( Why would anyone go here twice when there is such a great place across the street?!?!? El Toro's prices are comparable (you might pay like a buck more for certain items, but the increased quality and taste is worth well beyond $1 more) and they have awsome luch specials, and they even have huge maragrita lunch specials for under $3!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT TACO LOCO YOU WILL BE UNBELIEVABLY DISSAPOINTED!!! Under no circumstances would I ever bother giving them a 2nd chance.

1  Thank KJVS
Reviewed April 8, 2009

The burritos and tacos were amazingly good. The orchata was great. While waiting for my food they gave me FREE homemade chips and salsa. Some of the best mexican food i've had.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Minnesota
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Good take out Mexican...be very careful of the hot sauce, could be described as explosive!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 17, 2008

Super authentic tacos and mexican fast food...most authentic I've seen in the area. I sometimes go here for lunch

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook