“Home Town Good Food, Retro look and personable”

Wampach's Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Shakopee
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Shakopee, Minnesota
“Home Town Good Food, Retro look and personable”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love Wampach's for the comfortable atmosphere and affordable food; breakfast, lunch or dinner. But the real reason we go there is for the homemade/home cooked food recipes, and it comes to your table hot. There is limited seating, which is probably why they can do such a fantastic job, but they are always busy, all ages too. We've lived in Shakopee for nearly 12 yrs. We were out looking for a nice little restaurant that would have good food and hometown goodness, and we found it with Wampach's. Their wait staff is very friendly and service their customers well. Almost like you're sitting in your own kitchen having a family member serve you. We love it and continue to go there at least 2-3 times a month, if not more.

• Visited March 2014

Shakopee, Minnesota
“Family friendly home cook'in”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here to try someplace new we had never been and were pleasantly surprised. We had 6 in our group got the corner booth on a Friday night. Had some great food from home made clam chowder to home made onion rings to fish fry to pancakes to French toast to hot beef to just a burger...and all we're delish. I would come here again in a heart beat. The only reason it does not get 5 stars is one of our meals was very late because they gave it to another table but it ended up free anyway. Don't question if you should go or not just go and your tummy will thank you.

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Home cookin'”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a late breakfast at Wampach's. We sat at the breakfast bar and had fast friendly service and the place was packed.
I had the Cajun - basted eggs over skillet potatoes with onions & peppers topped with hollandaise & a touch of cayenne. Very tasty. I ordered the hollandaise on the side. The meal came with toast - but I was full before I got there. (heads up, the kitchen butters the toast)
My husband had a ham & egg omelet and cinnamon roll. Generous portion and fluffy roll. Surprisingly light although the frosting is decadent.
Great little home town joint with good service.

• Visited November 2013
Eagan, Minnesota
“Good American cuisine”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Decent prices and variety of offerings. Serve breakfast all day. Great hashbrowns. Nothing fancy but nice family restaurant. Tight space.

• Visited October 2013
shakopee, Minnesota, USA
“Good for breakfast, much better than Perkins”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've only eaten here a couple times, but recently went for breakfast with my parents here. It's a smaller place, so it does get a little crowded and hard to get a table. I think that is why we dont often visit. We went around 9 am on a saturday and were able to get seated within 10 minutes. I had both kids with and we immediately began looking at the menu. My parents both had simple eggs, toast and bacon and they enjoyed their plates. My kids were very hungry and ordered pancakes, eggs and bacon that also came with hash browns. The hash browns are great, they are fresh potatoes chopped and pan fried, delicious. My kids thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast as well, although I tried my sons pancakes and they were a bit dry, but he didn't care, so of course neither did I. I ordered eggs and hash, the hash was made from scratch and absolutely delicious. I only had one issue with our food, I ordered my eggs over-easy and the yolk was overdone. Overall I really enjoyed the breakfast as did my kids and my parents. I cant give a 5 star rating because of my eggs and the fact the food isn't a small-town bargain. It cost on average after drinks for the kids and coffee for the adults over 12 bucks per person before tip. Not a bargain, but the food was very respectable.

• Visited September 2013