“Consistently good”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
“Consistently good”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Turtles has good food and good draft selections. The place is simple, offers a diverse menu of bar foods (great burgers and TOTS), plenty of TVs for sports and a surprisingly good list of craft beers.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

On Monday their burgers are 1/2 price and are very good. The place is tired looking without much ambience. Loud TV in one bar, the other is quieter. Loud "Happy Hour" inspired people.

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Best Fried Chicken in Twin Cities”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you are a fried chicken lover- you'll have to try Turtles Broasted fried chicken. Even better than other broasters. Not sure how, but is the best I've ever had and worth the trip down to Shakopee.

Visited September 2013
“Great Sorts Bar With Good Food & GREAT Service”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We are camping down the road & my husband asked the camp manager if he knew a good place to watch NASCAR. He said he knew the perfect place & sent us down here to Turtles. Family friendly with two bars & huge screen TVs everywhere. The food was very good -- we both had the homemade soup & it was very good. We also tried their fried pickles - yummy. They have a great make your own Boody Mary bar (on Sunday - don't know if its everyday). They do half price Bloodiies on Sat.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been to Turtle's quite a few times. The food is always good (not spectacular, but good), there are plenty of TVs for watching whatever sports you want, and they have Buzztime trivia, which we like.

On our last visit, I got the small "Hey Dude" pizza. It was absolutely loaded with cheese and toppings. I wish our server had come back to check on us; I would have liked a little cup of pizza sauce to even things out. That's weird, because I prefer my pizza without a lot of sauce, but this one really needed a bit more. But the crust was still crispy, even with the plethora of gooey goodness on top. And the small pizza is perfect for one person.

My boyfriend ordered the chicken strips basket. He got four strips, a pile of fries, a dinner roll, and coleslaw - plenty for two people to share. It's regularly $11.50, but it was on special the day we were there so was less than $9. The strips were just like their chicken - seasoned, very lightly breaded, and juicy. My boyfriend said the strips were "spectacular" - VERY high praise from a man who rarely gets excited about any food.

I've had their burgers before, and they've always been very good. I like my burgers medium rare, and Turtle's is one of the few places I can get a burger done my way. I've also had their Buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks. Both are good.

The only complaint I have about Turtle's is that the service is pretty slow. We usually get seated quickly but then have to wait for anyone to take our order and then wait again after we get our food to order or request anything else. So I can't recommend the place if you're in a big hurry. Otherwise, if you have time, sit back and enjoy. :)

• Visited December 2012