“Great food; subpar building”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr Pig Stuff

Mr Pig Stuff
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Shakopee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food; subpar building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I love eating at Mr. Pig Stuff. We are big barbecue fans, and this place does not disappoint. I usually get the pulled pork sandwich, which is delicious. And their corn bread is also amazing! I can't give them a 5 because the building itself is just so sad, in particular the bathrooms! EEK!! I always pray that the cleanliness of the bathroom doesn't reflect on the cleanliness of the kitchen!

• Visited January 2014

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Delicious-Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We love this place. The food is excellent ( I mean everything is very good). I really enjoy the combo platter which has brisket, ribs, pork. If you like spicy food try the spicy coleslaw. They have TC's and board games for the kids. The building is old on the inside and out, but do not let that fool you

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis
“Very good smoky ribs for a place with a quirky name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

So I have been chuckling about the name all week. I think it is really funny and cute and must be a small family style business. We had a sampler platter with above average portion size and priced lower that I would have imagined. The ribs were the highlight, though I would have liked the rack of 4 to have been cut by a sharp knife in the kitchen as I had to use a plastic knife to cut at the table. I was suprised they have so many "excellent" ratings, but then I probably could rate excellent if I took the food home and ate at my house. The building has many shortcomings such as half of the lights being burned out and my wife said the bathrooms were very bad, so I didn't go in there. This place has been used hard and appears to have been a different restaurant in a previous life. Spend 1k in light bulbs, some paint and put the sauce on the table and Mr Pig Stuff would get to very good. I'd also cut back on the liquid in the "homemade coleslaw". I loved some of the Big 10 sports team pictures on the walls. I really hope the owners read this as I will be back as a few tips and having a bit more operational excellence will help in their success. Weird that I had fries, though no packets of condiments and when I went up to the cooks, they gave me their only bottle of ketchup. Go to Famous Dave's and their interior didn't cost a lot of money, but it speaks bbq. I'd also make the menus above the order area with a bigger font as it is hard to read (and a guy I saw took his menu out to the door to get better light) when you come in. Probably more than you wanted, but then again, I love the name. Cheers!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom
Chaska, Minnesota
“Best beef ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Chris and his team do a great job! This is a great great great place to dine. They also will cook on site. Highly recommend this place,

• Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Redeeming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I ate at this restaurant last summer, and was so disappointed in the condition of the restaurant, as well as the staff. I was forced to eat there again today with some co-workers. Wow. They have definitely turned it around. The cashier/waitress was exceptional, very friendly, accommodating, and personable. Much better than last summers cashier who was rude. The restaurant was neat, clean, and overall looked good. I'm happy to say they seem to take care of the place now. I was able to enjoy my food and it was also excellent. Way to turn it around Mr Pig Stuff, I will look forward to coming back and bringing the office with me.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Mr Pig Stuff? Share your experiences!