“Very good smoky ribs for a place with a quirky name” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mr Pig Stuff
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Shakopee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“Very good smoky ribs for a place with a quirky name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

So I have been chuckling about the name all week. I think it is really funny and cute and must be a small family style business. We had a sampler platter with above average portion size and priced lower that I would have imagined. The ribs were the highlight, though I would have liked the rack of 4 to have been cut by a sharp knife in the kitchen as I had to use a plastic knife to cut at the table. I was suprised they have so many "excellent" ratings, but then I probably could rate excellent if I took the food home and ate at my house. The building has many shortcomings such as half of the lights being burned out and my wife said the bathrooms were very bad, so I didn't go in there. This place has been used hard and appears to have been a different restaurant in a previous life. Spend 1k in light bulbs, some paint and put the sauce on the table and Mr Pig Stuff would get to very good. I'd also cut back on the liquid in the "homemade coleslaw". I loved some of the Big 10 sports team pictures on the walls. I really hope the owners read this as I will be back as a few tips and having a bit more operational excellence will help in their success. Weird that I had fries, though no packets of condiments and when I went up to the cooks, they gave me their only bottle of ketchup. Go to Famous Dave's and their interior didn't cost a lot of money, but it speaks bbq. I'd also make the menus above the order area with a bigger font as it is hard to read (and a guy I saw took his menu out to the door to get better light) when you come in. Probably more than you wanted, but then again, I love the name. Cheers!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom

Chaska, Minnesota
“Best beef ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Chris and his team do a great job! This is a great great great place to dine. They also will cook on site. Highly recommend this place,

• Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Redeeming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I ate at this restaurant last summer, and was so disappointed in the condition of the restaurant, as well as the staff. I was forced to eat there again today with some co-workers. Wow. They have definitely turned it around. The cashier/waitress was exceptional, very friendly, accommodating, and personable. Much better than last summers cashier who was rude. The restaurant was neat, clean, and overall looked good. I'm happy to say they seem to take care of the place now. I was able to enjoy my food and it was also excellent. Way to turn it around Mr Pig Stuff, I will look forward to coming back and bringing the office with me.

• Visited March 2014
Delafield, Wisconsin
“Excellent BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to Mr. Pig Stuff per trip advisor recommendations. Was not disappointed. I loved the baby back ribs. They were tender without being mushy. There are several different BBQ sauces to choose from. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich.. It was quite good also. Even the sides were good, although I thought the baked beans were a little sweet. The restaurant is casual with a nice fireplace & spacious dining area. The prices are reasonable. Will return when in the twin cities.

• Visited November 2013
“Best BBQ in Shakopee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've been going to Mr. Pig Stuff for a few months now and it has quickly become my favorite local restaurant. Both the beef brisket and pulled pork are outstanding. The side dishes are delicious, particularly the mac and cheese. All of the portions are generous and we always leave with enough leftovers for another meal. If you're in the mood for something unique, try "The Pile," a sandwich with beef brisket, pulled pork, coleslaw, mac and cheese, and bbq sauce. It's an amazing mixture.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Mr Pig Stuff? Share your experiences!