All reviews water slides pool area waffles mini vacation would stay here again canterbury park staff was friendly stayed one night hot breakfast king suite nice stay friends and family mystic lake casino parking lot free breakfast fireplace blast
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2016

We stayed at the AmericInn this past Saturday and we will definitely be back! The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable. It was very nice to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. It was also very nice to have the sink outside of the shower/toilet room for getting everyone ready in the morning. We had adjoining rooms and it was so nice to be close to our family for the kids to see enough of each other. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was for the swimming pool area. My kids absolutely LOVED the waterslide!!! It was so nice that the ending depth was at a level that my youngest could touch. He has NEVER been on a waterslide by himself ever and after his first ride, he was hooked. There were a lot of kids using the pool area, but it never felt crowded or did it take long for everyone to wait in line for the slide. There was also a really nice kiddie shallow pool with a smaller slide for the younger kids (I would think 4 and under) and the hot tub was very nice. We stayed here the night before going to the Renaissance Festival and will definitely be back next year!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Guest Relation' s, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2016

Dear Kruskor,
Stop, you’re making us blush! Thank you so much for this fantastic review. Although I can already visualize our pool area in my head, I think you did an outstanding job painting a picture for any consumer reading your review. We’re glad we could make your stay so memorable.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

Staying a week. Great service, especially Arlene's great breakfast and Tammy's front desk help. Thanks, ladies! TV's turn so you can see them from the desk or the bed. There are charger outlets on every lamp for convenience--no need to move furniture to try to charge your phone! Nice late night adult pool/spa hours.

Dear patdowns
You touched on some positive things that rarely get addressed in our reviews. With so many of our guest suggestions being actively touched on, we forget how many conveniences this building offers. We very much enjoyed having you stay with us and Jeff enjoyed talking politics with you. We know you’ll be back again and we very much look forward to that day.

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Very nice,clean and seems updated. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Awesome continental breakfast, you can really tell the staff is dedicated to making your stay great! Very simple 4-5 min. drive to Valleyfair. Very nice pool area, especially if you have the kids with, they will love the water slide. Room was very clean and I didn't want to get out of bed because of the comfort. Check-in took about a minute! Overall great, we will be staying here again! Thanks for the great stay

Trip type: Traveled with family
Guest Relation' s, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear John V,
We actually did receive an award for how well we’ve kept our hotel updated and modern. Our breakfast area is a product of employee/guest communication and is continually updated as we listen to what our guests want and do our best to accommodate. For anyone staying in our area to enjoy Valleyfair, there really is no better place to stay as not only do we provide the best in service and comfort, we are just around the corner from the amusement park. We are indeed dedicated to making your stay great and we are so happy we achieved that and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Very happy to be greeted by Tammy when we first arrived. She was so friendly and helpful. The next day after we had come back from state fair we were not greeted or hardly acknowledged. We went out of our way to talk to him. So thankful Tammy was there next morning when we checked out. I work in greeting people and I believe front desk people would be kind and have an energetic personality. I would stay there again because of Tammy.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Guest Relation' s, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Shakopee Near Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear 20arthurr,
Tammy is thrilled that she was able to make such a positive impression and besides her warm, helpful, energetic presence, we hope that the rest of your stay with us was equally pleasant and that you had an amazing time at the State Fair. Don’t forget, the Renaissance Festival is still upon us and we have ValleyScare coming up this Halloween. Tammy and the rest of us will be here if you ever come back to town.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

My husband, son, and I were on a two-day Valleyfair trip and chose to stay here because it was only about five minutes from the amusement park and the rates were reasonable.

We were not disappointed. The hotel itself has been remodeled and boasts modern decor, furniture, and carpeting. The rooms were nice, and the beds were comfortable.My husband said he had the squishiest/comfiest pillows he has ever had in a hotel at this AmericInn. Rooms were quiet and clean. I also appreciated having a fridge and microwave in the room.

Our 6.5 year old son loved the pool area because it has a water slide. He went down the slide probably 15-20 times. There is also a heated kiddie pool with a frog slide for infants/toddlers. The only downfall about the pool area is that if you are just looking for a plain old pool to swim in apart from the area where the water slide comes out, they do not have one. This was no big deal for us, but maybe it is to other people.

Breakfast was great: pancakes, waffles, eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Very nice breakfast for an included, complimentary breakfast. We had a nice one each morning and the breakfast lady was hopping keeping the things stocked. They ran out of coffee one morning, and within five minutes of me telling them they were out, a freshly brewed carafe was in place.

I also used to guest laundry room to do a load of clothes. Machines worked fine. I didn't find any vending machines in the hotel that sold detergent, though, so my husband ran to a nearby Wal-Mart because he had to pick up a few other items anyway. (I never asked the front desk, though, so I'm not sure if they have some for sale up there.)

Exercise room is also decent and has enough stuff to get in a good work out.

Overall, no issues, and very close to Valleyfair. Definitely stay here if you are going to do a Valleyfair trip with your family. We will for sure stay again! Had a great experience.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear ageist856,
Thank you for that very thorough review. I don’t think you left anything out. As a matter of fact we do have laundry detergent available at the front desk. So sorry your husband had to make a special trip for that. I will take a look at our laundry room and make sure we have the correct signage in place so that our guests are aware of that. I greatly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Our breakfast attendants do a great job in there every morning and they appreciate the kudos as well. Last but not least, we hope your stay with us was merely a fraction of a completely wonderful vacation with your family. Again, thank you for putting so much thought and time into such a descriptive review.