AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hotel was fine except the parking area was completely dark and there was no lighting anywhere outside. Even the sign on the building was dark. Missed the hotel on the first drive by and going to and from the car was a little nerve wracking with the complete darkness.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Bruce K,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We have recently updated our lighting on the exterior of our building and also have revamped our landscaping. You will have to stop by and take a look - you can see us from afar! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We travel a lot and have stayed at many different hotels, other Americinns included and this was the worse. We arrived to check in at 8:45pm with 2 crabby kids. When we got there we were told we could not check in unless we went and put the cash for the room back on to some sort of card. We even said we could give a $100 extra cash deposit which has never been an issue. The lady at the front desk said that was not an option. We had to drive more than 20 miles to find a place to load a debit card and wait 20 more minutes for processing. By the time we checked in it was almost 930pm. Then
we were given the wrong room. No one apologized or offered a discount or anything for the hassle. Just a "oh heres your new room" Our new room was dirty. There were Crumbs under all the furniture for our 1 year old to find and try to eat. It looked as if they vacuumed down the middle of the room but didn't want to do along the wall or anywhere else. By this point I had a migraine and was done dealing with the front desk. So we kept our dirty room. Pool was cold. Breakfast questionable. If housekeeping actually took the time to do what they are paid to and they stepped up their customer sevice skills it wouldn't be to bad of a place. Until then stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Jewel5306,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I hope your children were able to enjoy our 'Splash Bay Adventure'! It is a huge attraction and kids love our 108' waterslide. We are completely refreshing our hotel and I hope you will stop by and stay with us again!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The water faucet in the bathtub had a steady drip. The bathtub and the sink drained very slow, the tub was full of water while trying to just shower. The room had no TV guide. I called the front desk , and ask for one, the young lady told me she would bring one up. We waited for at least 30 minutes plus, no one showed up or called. I got dressed and went to the desk, only to be told that they didn't have anymore. She said the manager would be making more for the next day. Then I was told to just stroll through to find the channels.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cassandra M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We have recently installed new fixtures and updated our showers! I appreciate your review and your comments. We have also updated our channel guides and have brand new guides throughout the entire hotel. Please give us a call next time you're driving through Shakopee!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites earlier this week. This location has a pool, hot tub, and even a water slide. The rooms were kept clean and was also very happy to see that each room had a mini fridge and a microwave. I had a nice lady by the name of Hailey who I made my reservation though who did an amazing job. If I ever need to stay in this area again I will most certainly will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear James T.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our Splash Bay Adventure is a big attraction that many people enjoy! We pride ourselves on our customer services and cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I emailed you and never received a reply. Now I'm getting a survey a month later...We were checked in under the wrong name, our A/C didn't work and the receptionist was on the phone with a personal call (she even told us this) that's why no one picked up. She came up to our room to check ...no one was available to fix it or give us another room. We left a day early because of our experience and no one even asked why. Worst experience at a hotel ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Casey H.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Junk Bonanza is a great event, there are so many steals and deals you can find! If you could please give me a call at your convenience to discuss your stay with me that would be great 952-445-6775. We look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

When we visit Shakopee, MN, we seek out this hotel every time. We have stayed at others in the area and have done all the necessary research on the surrounding hotels. The AmericInn leads the pack! I am thoroughly impressed with the pool area, the free breakfast and the condition of the hotel in general.
We were able to check in a couple hours early on a Friday even though they were expecting a full house. Check in went smooth as well as check out. Very friendly customer service making sure I was satisfied with my stay.
We will definitely be back,....

Room Tip: I was on the third floor directly off the elevator, (#305) and it wasn't the best room due to th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear wicowboyfan,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Next time you come and visit us we should have more of our renovations done so that you can enjoy your stay even more! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to having you as our guest here at the AmericInn of Shakopee!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is very well kept and is great for the price, if you don't have kids who want to swim. Room was comfortable for the most part, the breakfast was really nice, the location is great, but the pool leaves much to be desired. When we checked in it was closed and would open once they got the chemicals figured out. It opened and we went about 8pm. The kiddie pool was a good temp and my son was able to play, but the regular pool was frigid and could not be used (by me or my family anyway). The hot tub was warm and the dial for the jets was across the room. The second night we went back to the pool hoping that it had warmed up and it was still frigid and the kiddie pool was closed (a couple of signs posted by the kiddie pool said it was beyond the management's control, so not sure if it got peed in or what). I just let the kids swim in the hot tub since no one was in it and it wasn't hot. Very disappointed in the pool though. That was the reason that the hotel was chosen, the pool and water slide. I assume that the pool closures were out of the hotels control, but I've been at plenty of hotels where the water is comfortable enough to swim in, so I know that the temperature could have been increased. Whether or not there would have been enough time to notice that increase during our 2 night stay, I can't say. REALLY would have liked to have been able to use the hotel for the reason it was chosen.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer H.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our pool area has recently been renovated and refreshed! Our hotel is currently going through renovations. We are going to be renovating the rooms, public areas and lobby. Thank you again for your review! Please give us a call next time your in Shakopee!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!