AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Sioux Falls
“Grrrr!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Arrived and my reservations were wrong. Got to our room and there was a box of KFC chicken in it. All lamps in the room burnt out above the outdated beds. Just not your typical americinn room, usually they are top notch!

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Tanner E,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Please give me a call at 952-445-6775 to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shakopee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Waited for six minutes to get help at check in despite the fact that three staff members were sitting behind the desk chatting. Because no one was working the breakfast area the food ran out. No Breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elizabeth B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. You as our guest should be number one priority and I apologize that you waited 6 minutes to be checked in. At your earliest convenience please give me a call at 952-445-6775 so that I my discuss your stay with you. I look forward to your call!
Grandin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was the second time I have stayed at the hotel. It is easy to get to off of the freeway. The rooms are nice. They were remodeling when I stayed the second time and the room I had booked was not done. So they upgraded me to a better room ! Thanks.. I will be back to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Joel P,

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We are in the process of refreshing the entire hotel! Our upgraded rooms are every nice and spacious. Please give us a call when you are back in Shakopee so we can reserve one of our suites again for you!
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed yesterday with some friends, pool looked absolutely amazing after the renovation they did.
They were putting in new carpet in the rooms, but it wasn't a hassle at all.
Front desk was friendly and helpful.
Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: Corner Suites with the fireplace are really nice.
1 Thank Dave K
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Dave K,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The pool area is one of our best features with the 108’ waterslide, kiddie pool, hot tub and sauna! When you’re traveling through Shakopee again come take a look at our new modern look – we are renovating the entire property!
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I felt as if the stay was not to please the guest, but only to get money from anyone that wandered though the door not knowing about the many things that were down. Advertised out front things were working, but weren't.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are going through some exciting renovations! We are completely refreshing our pool area, lobby, fitness room, breakfast room, meeting room, corridors and rooms – almost everything! We are very excited for these changes and updates so that we are better able to serve our guests. Please call me at your convenience at 952-445-6775 to discuss your stay. We have almost completed the pool renovation and we would love to have you back as our guest to enjoy the completely refreshed pool area!
Twin Cities
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at a few places in Shakopee. It's that kind of town. Horsetrack, 2 (related) Indian Casinos, a nice amusement park, an auto dirt track, and a little of this and that. It's been a long cold winter here in Minnesota and with it winding down, we wanted to get away for the night. I told her to pack her bathing suit and grab her Mystic Lake Players card and off we went. Our price for the room seemed a bit lower online than I remember them being in the past. Well we arrived and on the door they mentioned some renovation, OK that's all fine and dandy, we got to the desk and there was a post on the counter saying the pool area was closed, hmmmm, so much for winding down the Minnesota winter. Got a king room, which was fine, there was a bit of smell of body odor or onions. I figured it was mild enough. But we ended up buying a scented candle at a nearby drugstore. Breakfast is touted as being a lot more than it was. Only meat was some mystery meat in gravy, adequate over a couple generic biscuits. Overall, it's probably got great possibilities in the summer when everything is jamming, but a bit disappointing as a destination for our late winter getaway. We would stay again as we go out that way a lot, but I'd have to make a call ahead next time for hidden surprises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Milesb1213,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are completely renovating the entire hotel to improve our guests experience and satisfaction. I apologize for the inconvenience and I can understand how this can be frustrating. It’s defiantly one of my favorite things to do after weathering the Minnesota cold to come inside to a bubbling hot - hot tub! Please contact me at 952-445-6775, I would like to discuss your stay with us. We have almost completed the pool renovation and we would love to have you back as our guest to enjoy the completely refreshed pool area!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Needed a inexpensive nice place to crash on my way back from a business trip and found this along my route. Check in was smooth and easy. I was helped by the General Manager (Pamela ?) who was extremely helpful and accommodating. I had previously stayed at this facility and service was subpar before, was really happy to find that service has improved in the year since I last visited. Room was clean and inviting, just what I needed for a good night sleep. Again really great customer service and helpfulness from the manager at check in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Joslyn11,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We recently did change ownership and management and we are making every effort to make the AmericInn of Shakopee a superb hotel. We are renovating the entire hotel including a brand new lobby design which is my favorite! You will have to stop by and see us, we will have some refreshing lemonade waiting for you! Please make sure to give us a call next time you’re traveling through Shakopee!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!