AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Minneapolis
“Lies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I felt as if the stay was not to please the guest, but only to get money from anyone that wandered though the door not knowing about the many things that were down. Advertised out front things were working, but weren't.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are going through some exciting renovations! We are completely refreshing our pool area, lobby, fitness room, breakfast room, meeting room, corridors and rooms – almost everything! We are very excited for these changes and updates so that we are better able to serve our guests. Please call me at your convenience at 952-445-6775 to discuss your stay. We have almost completed the pool renovation and we would love to have you back as our guest to enjoy the completely refreshed pool area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Twin Cities
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at a few places in Shakopee. It's that kind of town. Horsetrack, 2 (related) Indian Casinos, a nice amusement park, an auto dirt track, and a little of this and that. It's been a long cold winter here in Minnesota and with it winding down, we wanted to get away for the night. I told her to pack her bathing suit and grab her Mystic Lake Players card and off we went. Our price for the room seemed a bit lower online than I remember them being in the past. Well we arrived and on the door they mentioned some renovation, OK that's all fine and dandy, we got to the desk and there was a post on the counter saying the pool area was closed, hmmmm, so much for winding down the Minnesota winter. Got a king room, which was fine, there was a bit of smell of body odor or onions. I figured it was mild enough. But we ended up buying a scented candle at a nearby drugstore. Breakfast is touted as being a lot more than it was. Only meat was some mystery meat in gravy, adequate over a couple generic biscuits. Overall, it's probably got great possibilities in the summer when everything is jamming, but a bit disappointing as a destination for our late winter getaway. We would stay again as we go out that way a lot, but I'd have to make a call ahead next time for hidden surprises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Milesb1213,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are completely renovating the entire hotel to improve our guests experience and satisfaction. I apologize for the inconvenience and I can understand how this can be frustrating. It’s defiantly one of my favorite things to do after weathering the Minnesota cold to come inside to a bubbling hot - hot tub! Please contact me at 952-445-6775, I would like to discuss your stay with us. We have almost completed the pool renovation and we would love to have you back as our guest to enjoy the completely refreshed pool area!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Needed a inexpensive nice place to crash on my way back from a business trip and found this along my route. Check in was smooth and easy. I was helped by the General Manager (Pamela ?) who was extremely helpful and accommodating. I had previously stayed at this facility and service was subpar before, was really happy to find that service has improved in the year since I last visited. Room was clean and inviting, just what I needed for a good night sleep. Again really great customer service and helpfulness from the manager at check in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Joslyn11,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We recently did change ownership and management and we are making every effort to make the AmericInn of Shakopee a superb hotel. We are renovating the entire hotel including a brand new lobby design which is my favorite! You will have to stop by and see us, we will have some refreshing lemonade waiting for you! Please make sure to give us a call next time you’re traveling through Shakopee!
Mankato
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Based on some of the reviews I read before my stay I was wondering if we would encounter any problems, but I have to say the employees, rooms, service were all very acceptable and pleasant. My mom stayed here on the same night and had the same experience, very pleasant. We stayed in a king room with no whirlpool and the bed was set at a 45 degree angle to the door because the room was shaped differently. It created a lot of extra space and also looked neat. The waterslide was perfect for six and eight year old children. The minimum depth of the pool is 3.5 feet but the kiddie pool is heated and a foot deep with a little slide. Typical breakfast area, waffles were a bonus. Free coffee 24/7. Friendly service goes a long way and I hope if we stay here again we have the same experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Lisa T,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We do have some uniquely shaped rooms and it does create a nice atmosphere! That corner room is one of my favorites as well. Our pool area is a big hit especially with our 108’ waterslide, hot tub and kiddie pool. Everyone here at the AmericInn of Shakopee thanks you for your review and positive feedback. Please give us a call next time you’re in Shakopee!
Bemidji
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Save yourself the headache and spend the extra cash down the road. They were remodeling and nobody told us the pool was closing on Sunday. Tried to call and talk to the manager that night and still continue to call everyday and still no call. Short staffed in the front desk and in house keeping. Returned Sunday night found out pool was closed till March 7 nobody told us, my boy was upset, went to the room after dinner time out room was still not cleaned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Pamela K, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize that you had a bad experience here at the AmericInn of Shakopee. I am very sorry that you were not told that the pool was going to be down on Sunday. We are renovating the pool area along with most of the hotel to better serve our guests. I really appreciate your comments in regards to our hotel and I will be sure to use every comment you provided to further train my staff. As per our conversation please be sure to contact me if you have any more questions or concern, I will be sure to take care of them right away. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and we look forward to having you and your family as our guests.

Saint Paul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Loved this hotel for the past 5 years and loved it now. But now new management and employees ruined a wonderful annual mini vacation. The manager was by far the worst and she had a "bouncer/enforcer" who took his job far too seriously.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your annual mini vacation. We want every guest to enjoy their stay with us no matter if it’s for 3 hours or for a whole night. We love to host pool parties and I do hope you will return to have another mini vacation at our facility.

I apologize if you felt I was rude, it was never my intention and I apologize that we were not able to extend your pool party longer than 8:45pm. Throughout the next few months we will be renovating the entire hotel and I hope you and your family will come back and enjoy another pool party with us!

Edina, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My sister, cousins and I have stayed at Americinn every Feb for the past 4 years. This has been our go-to hotel. We always have had an awesome weekend and even have our kids birthdays there when we go. This year our expierence was terrible! The staff was rude, there was one receptionist who was on point, Vicky, She was great.
Apparently, they changed a bunch of rules, for things, like everyday they shut the waterslides down from 11-3. There is no sign mentioning it, and for people who choose to stay the weekend and swim, that is a bummer. They raised the party room rental by 100, and dont extend the time of rental. When asked why there is such a hike in price, the answer they gave was cost of chemicals??? We rented the party room from 5:30-8:30 and at 8:40, one guy from the front came into the room like a bouncer and was very rude about people leaving, otherwise we would be charged extra. We were cleaning up, and he was very rude. All of our guests heard him. So it kinda ended the party on a sour note. Last year, we did not have this, at all. And when we voiced concerns, the manager was not very friendly or apologetic. Our room keys would not work, so we would have to go to the front desk and have them re-programmed or the batteries changed on the door. It was a hassle. All in all, I am very sad to say that we will not be going back to Americinn Inn, Shakopee for next years mini-get away/birthday parties.

Room Tip: If you are just looking for a nights stay, this place is good. DO NOT BOOK PARTIES HERE.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is through our guest’s feedback that we are better able to serve our guests and continually strive to maintain the highest possible service standards. I apologize if you feel many things have changed for the negative. As a long time guest of ours I do extend my sincerest apologizes that we did not meet your expectations.

I do want to let you know that we do not turn our pool slide off at a certain time every day – I apologize that you were given this incorrect information. We do have different pool party rates due to following the demand of the area, the rate we are charging is the going rate in the area for pool parties including party room facilities. I apologize if you feel this is high. We do extend pool party times but there would be an extra charge. We did offer this solution to you when we spoke with you in the hallway. I am very sorry if you felt anyone was rude, it was never anyone’s intention.

We want every guest to feel comfortable and relaxed in our hotel and I would never want you to feel uncomfortable. I will make sure to take every comment you have provided to me to better train my staff. We are completely renovating the entire facility including our pool area - I do hope you will come and stay with us again and enjoy many more pool parties to come.

Pamela Kleven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!