AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wanted a little time away from the kids and reality, so the wife and I booked the room with the whirlpool and the fireplace. Nice spacious room, and quiet as the hotel bragged about. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and everything was clean and working (a must for us). We had a little issue adjusting the heat in the room. With the fireplace on the room got overly warm.

We didn't swim, but the pool area looked well maintained. There were many kids swimming in the pool (But adults only from 10 - midnight). We found out that anyone can pay $5 to come in and swim, so that's why it was so crowded.

Nice assortment of choices for breakfast including sausage and scrambled eggs.

Room Tip: Our room with a king sized bed, also had a hide-a-bed couch. Lots of room in the room would make it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I left some belongings in my room and called to see if they were returned to the front desk. Nothing was there from my room. I was disappointed that someone had taken my things. The next day I stopped by the hotel and the items were found and bundled up in a bag but left in the room. I was so happy to recover my things and the best part is, the woman that retrieved my things looked happier than me that she could make a customer so happy. That's hat I call superior customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Prague
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We always go to AmericInn in Shakopee as a mini vacation. We always have a great time there. The kids absolutely love the swimming pool and the water slide. That's what brought us there the first time and keeps us going back. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is beyond exceptional, always willing to go the extra mile to help out! We will be continuing to go here for future stays! I very highly reccommend Am!ericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee Canterbury Park to everyone, especially with kids that they want to keep entertained

Room Tip: If you communicate with the staff and let them know exactly what you're wanting they really do g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Rooms were not turned properly. When we checked in, the usual soaps and towels were not refreshed from the previous guest. The sheets were dirty. The next day we requested that our sheets be changed due to a sick infant. We returned later and found the beds had been made with the original sheets. I went to the front desk to ask for new sheets. When I returned to make the bed, I found that the new sheets had holes in them.

From a sense of arrival view, autumn in MN is very beautiful and conjures thoughts of a warm fireplace in a nice lodge. The fireplace at the AmericInn was not lit. When I inquired as to why, I was told it was not cold enough (lows in the 30's).

Finally there was construction happening. A new roof was being installed. We were not informed of this when we called to inquire about our stay.

We come here once a year to visit family. I think we may try a different hotel next year.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Mikey357
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was clean, and very neat. The breakfest are was seperated from thr lobby which was great. The room are very clean,comfortable. I was traveling with my 20 year old daughter the location was perfect for the Renaissance Festival,Caterbury downs, and Valleyfair.. Great location. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel was very well located, very close to valley fair, Renaissance festival, Canterbury downs. Room was very well maintained. The water slide and pool area was very nice, my 2 daughters 6 and 8 enjoyed the water slide. The continental breakfast area was small, needs to be rearranged, also better selection of breakfast stuff. Overall we had a very nice stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Iowa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a party of 11 people, including 4 children, stay here for a night after spending the day at Valley Fair. The kids loved the pool! Unfortunately the toddler pool was down for repairs, but the 4, 6, & 9 year olds had a great time in the big pool! The hot tub was a little too warm for our taste, but other than that we had a great time in the pool.

The breakfast was very good & included scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, waffles, toast, etc.

We very much appreciated the extra effort the staff went to making sure that our rooms were near each other. The beds were very comfortable, & everything was very clean in all of our rooms. There was a refrigerator & microwave in our room as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
AmericInn Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park? Share your experiences!