“Excellent venue”
Review of Canterbury Park

Canterbury Park
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Shakopee
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was here for the Spring Festival an Arts and Crafts affair and the quality of the artists and craftsmens is spectacular. The schedule for theses events can be seen at hpifestivals.com they are in both the spring and the fall. We really enjoyed this event.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We like to meet up with family and friends when we are in the cities. This place is great for that. There are usually special events on weekends. I'd recommend reserving an indoor table with your own server and someone to make your bets for you. However - I'm a big finish line fan - so walk down and watch the race from the ground. It's the best of both worlds. Food from the menu isn't spectacular - I prefer to get that at a stand somewhere.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Facility is very nice with plenty of seating and food options. This place has a ton of different food from cheese curds, to funnel cakes, to mini donuts, to famous daves, yum! Oh, and did I mention, gambling on horses!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Since this was my first time to a race track I have nothing to compare it to. But we had a blast. The staff explained to us how to bet, answered all our " dumb" questions and we had so much fun.

Nice facility, lots of entertainment, reasonable food and drinks, all in all ... Great experience... Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Shakopee which was excellent... Shakopee is a place to visit when in the Minneapolis area!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Going to Canterbury is like stepping back in time to the glory days of horse racing. A beautiful facility.