“Well run park, very clean, good coasters”
Review of Valleyfair

Valleyfair
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Shakopee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Valleyfair is one of those places that looks bigger inside than from outside. When you first walk in, it look like a small local amusement park, and it's somewhat pricey. As you turn corner after corner, you find more than you expected.

Valleyfair is heavy on the coasters and (hey, welcome to Minnesota) water attractions. The coasters here are big and fast. I'm not a coaster enthusiast but went on a few with my group and had fun. The water rides will get you not just wet, but soaking wet. (hint: there are coin lockers near the river raft ride - 75 cents will keep your shoes/wallet/camera dry).

It's cleaner than alot of parks, the food is maybe a bit above park average. The scenery is nice so if you're tired of riding and your group is not, you won't be totally bored.

Only negative, (and I have this pet peeve with other parks too) is that a few rides, like the go-carts, are not included - they're $8 for a 5-minute ride - this after you've paid your $30-35 admission. I can't recommend the go-cart ride anyway, since the track is such that passing another cart is nearly impossible, so it's not much of a "race".

All-in-all, a very nice, clean amusement park, with big coasters and serious water rides.

Reviewed April 30, 2008

For people living in Minnesota or the surrounding states it is the only amusement park with big thrilling rides that we look forward to going every summer. For anyone visiting it is worth going to, it does have thrill rides like "Steel Venom" SCARY! the first time I rode in it, it left me traumatized, 3 year later I decided to conquer it by going on it once again and I'm not afraid of it anymore. There is also "The wild thing" it's got a huge drop, that I'm still afraid of, there are other roller coasters that are fun, and some other interesting rides that I would recomend for teens and up. Ufdah! this place is FUN. A must see for anyone visiting Minnesota. Did I mentioned that there is also a water park with cool slides, and bunch of little rides for the litle ones. COME TO MINNESOTA!

2  Thank rileymaltez
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Valleyfair is slightly expensive, but spending the whole day there makes it well worth the cost. The price to go to Valleyfair for one day is $36.95 (for most ages). When I first went there I was upset by the cost, but quickly I realized there is so much to do. From brand new rides to an amazing water park, they have everything anyone could want at an amusement park.
I brought a bathing suit because I heard they had an amazing water park that everyone should check out. So I did, and I found that riding around the lazy river is very relaxing. My friends and I went around the lazy river a few times, and then we decided to try something a little more exciting. I went down panic falls, which was absolutely thrilling. After enjoying time by the pool we went and rode some incredible rides.
I was there over the summer of 2007 right after they had just added Renegade. I wasn’t sure this rollercoaster was going to be fun, but it became my favorite ride at Valleyfair. They had many other rollercoaster’s I rode to work up to riding the Renegade. The scariest part of Renegade is parts of the rollercoaster are up to 104 feet tall, which is really high. Unfortunately not only are the rides high, but the prices are too.
The prices for food are actually what would be expected for an amusement park. I brought a lot of money for food, which was a good idea. I spent over $30.00 just in food. As I said before everything about Valleyfair is expensive.
Overall I would recommend going to Valleyfair; expensive but worth it pretty much sums it up.

3  Thank samanthawc413
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I'm pissed because the logo' Visa Excepted Everywhere'..does not apply here. It only does at the few resturants and main attractions stuff but when its hott and you want water, only cash. When u want a snack, they dont except credit card. Plus make sure u bring a credit card that has a PIN number so you can take out some cash from the owe like ONE atm in the entire park! So I had to walk to my car (which by far is alll the way down on the end) to get my checkin account card. I felt like I really spent more time walking then going on the rides. Plus if you were to bring cash where would one put it? I go in shorts n a tank top so no pockets, no purse!

The lines are wayy too long and park needs a fast past or something. Got my character drawn the last two times and they SUCK!! so make sure u watch what the person draws of a person before making your selection.

I enjoyed the new Sports bar they had. quiet when i went and a nice place to chill. im sure it got really routy and loud during the day.

2  Thank lilsweetie2043
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I just got back from Valleyfair and Mall of America yesterday. I went with the church Youth Group and I had an awesome time at Valleyfair. I was so scared of roller coasters when we got there, but now I am a roller coaster freak. Some recommendations I have are: Wild Thing, Renegade, Excalibur, High Roller, Xtreme Swing, and Power Tower. The student pastor forced me to go on Power Tower but it was sort of worth it, I liked it. I hope this review was helpful.

3  Thank Brigirl4