“Okay.. needs some work”
Review of Valleyfair

Valleyfair
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Shakopee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Valleyfair is an amusement park that needs some work. The rides are kind of outdated and the park is not very clean either. I would not bring little kids here.. keep it 10 and above just so they dont get lost and they will have more fun when they are older. Some of the employees are rather rude and dont seem to enjoy their jobs very much.. it ruins some of the experience. The price to get it in is ridiculous and it isnt worth it.. I am sorry but I am not paying $30 to get in, but beings its the only place in Minnesota to go to , you pay it!

1  Thank Stephanie M
There are newer reviews for Valleyfair

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Compared to other amusement parks I've been to, this one was a disappointment. There were not that many rides and the ones they did have were not very fun or scary. This might be fun for children less than 10, but not for teenagers or adults.

3  Thank Vivi_55_C
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start out by saying I am a hardcore coaster fanatic. With each new park I visit, it just gets worse and worse. But this park just didn't touch my "coaster button" heck it didn't even tickle it.
I understand for being a park in the Midwest, I guess it's not that bad. But these poor Minnesotans just don't know what they are missing!

I grew up near Six Flags The Great Escape which, in all, is not their best park. After visiting Six Flags in Massachusetts and San Antonio, TX, it was safe to say The Great Escape was their worst. And that park is still better than Valley Fair. At least it has water rides like the tornado! So now you get the idea of how bad I think it is, let me explain what this park lacks.

1) The thrills. Yes this place has its fair share of roller coasters. When I first seen how many I was excited. But be prepared after a few loops the ride is over in a minute. I like rides like Superman: endless twists and turns and just when you think its over it sends you plummeting down another! The Boomerang: Sends you up slowly backwards leaving you to anticipate when is it going to drop, as it gets higher and higher. And even if you prepare for it, you are never ready for that jolting drop! Or even Poltergeist: a fast coaster that will go to "zero to 60 mph in just under 3.5 seconds" according to its website.

2) The water park...or lack there of. Maybe I just couldn't find it but all I found in the Valley Fair water park was a wave pool, a kiddy pool, a lazy river, waterslides and something called hurricane falls. I understand there was one river ride that was closed at the time, but with the lack of options they really shouldn't close rides. Their wave pool was the WORST one I have ever been to. It was too small for the amount of people who go in. And to top it off they allow tubes in their tiny wave pool. So if you decide to go to the front of the waves, be prepared to be knocked around in the head by excessive tubes and over crowded people kicking you everywhere else.

3)Valleyscare? I LOVE Halloween, and enjoy amusement park haunted houses very much. But how bad is it with just my luck nothing was opened? I went on a weekend and there was not one haunted house opened. I started to think maybe there was none and the buildings they had cloaked in black were just decoration. I still have no idea what went on that day.

4) Subway. I can't express my excitement when driving by Valley Fair the first time to see there was a subway restaurant. That was until I got to the corner at lunch time. You can definitely see the inflated prices by just being in an amusement park. A normal foot long sub, depending on the month can run for 5-6 dollars. The Valley Fair one had inches for the same price. I was not happy. The lack of rides just didn't deserve this over inflation. I decided to leave the park (not like there was anything to do anyway) and locate a local subway before heading home. I can't say this was a huge surprise, I hate amusement park food and their prices no matter the park or the state. Just some are easier to overlook when you're starving and having too much of a good time to find anything else.

I am sorry Minnesota. I do love your state, but I hate your amusement park and I pity to think this is all you have. I buy season pass tickets to every six flags I used to live close to. Every weekend we would spend a few hours and go home fully fulfilled. So when I bought season pass tickets to Valley Fair I had every intention to use them as often as possible......I only went 3-4 times. And each time was a dud. The last time (Valleyscare) we went in, rode the coasters, and left within the hour. Being I live an hour away, it just doesn't seem worth the time. Not wasting money on season passes this year. I plan on making one weekend trip to Illinois to enjoy a real amusement park again. I might only be able to make it once a year, but weekend visits to boring Valley Fair will never amount to one trip to Six Flags.

5  Thank Jonesytravellars
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Kids always have a blast here, the roller coasters are very intense and it is not a place for fear of fast rides or heights. I love going there in the summer.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was super fun, but it is definitely not for the little kids, or people who can not take a little chill

1  Thank Lexie M