“Check it out first”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Check it out first”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We reserved a room as the next stop on our vacation for the next day. We didn't read any reviews before booking the room. Really wish we had. We tried to check in early. But decided to wait after talking with hotel staff. Didn't feel comfortable. Decided to not stay there. Asked for the charges to be reversed. Were told no. Next called the Super 8 toll free number, where we had booked the room. They contacted the hotel to see if we could be reimbursed since the card had already been ran, they were told no my the manager. Filed a complaint. Received an email, still saying they would not authorize the reversal of the charges. We never checked into a room, we did not stay there. There was a very nice hotel just down the street that was the opposite of this Super 8 for not very much more money, we stayed there. While we were at the Super 8, we saw an outdated, dirty, unfriendly environment. We did not want to stay in that kind of environment, just didn't feel quite right. Then we read the reviews.

Note to owner: Customers are how you make your money. Keep them happy and accommodated, and maybe they will return. Treat them as if they are a bother and a hindrance, they will not return and will tell their friends, family, co-workers, and the internet.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
PERU
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Maybe this is something new, but we arrived at 1:00 pm. & we had a reservation for that night. We asked if our room was ready & the clerk told us that it would cost us $20 to check in early. Now I have gone to motels & if the room was ready, they would let us check in early. We reserved a suite & the room was clean & spacious but outdated. 2 of the clerks we ran into were rude & 1 was very nice. We reserved the room for 4 people & there were only 3 towels, washcloths & handtowels in the room. I asked if we could have another set before we left for Valley Fair around 4 & the clerk was very nice. She said they would be waiting for us when we got back. Around midnight we got back to the motel & the man started to tell us that we needed to return some dirty towels before we could get another-I explained about the reservation for 4 & I saw the towels waiting for us on the counter-he gave us a towel when I explained that we only got 3 to begin with. Not very friendly!!! Will check other motels in the area if we go next year!!!

Room Tip: The suite allowed 4 of us to sleep. 2 double beds & a pullout couch which was comfortable!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was clean, but no frills at all. The family who owned it was very rude. I would not recommend this hotel on that factor alone. The breakfast ended at 9:00. When we arrived at 8:55, we were denied waffle batter and milk for our cereal. The pool never had towels. Just a very unfriendly place.

• Stayed October 2013
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for the first time. First thing you notice are signs on the doors reminding people that only registered guests are allowed. Found it odd & wondered "WHY".
First room key would not open door, went down to get another key & was assigned a different room. This may be why I never received my wake up call the next morning.
Went down for coffee in the morning. Could not help but laugh at the Super 8 cinnamon rolls....they had opened each package & cut the rolls in half! When the cream for coffee disappeared at 9:00am, so did I.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Don J
Chatham
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I believe the receptionist acted intoxicated and not very helpful at all. We checked into two separate but identical rooms . When we asked to have room each with a refridge , it was asif we" d asked for the moon .The lady said you didn't request two refridgerators . I responded that I did request extra pillows and I did not see those ! She said she was going to bring them later. We were given two new rooms which appeared to be better then the original rooms. The hotel was not very busy at all maybe five vehicles in the lot.I moved the mattresses on both beds to look for an outlet for my medical device only to find lint and dust and whatever between the wall and the top of the matress on both beds .The bathroom floor was dingy and dirty looking . the ice machine on the first floor did not work and the lady at the desk acted as if she did not know. several minutes later there was no sign directing people to the working second floor ice machine . I realize that super 8 is not the most expensive hotel, but my expectations were not met..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Shakopee hotels

Shakopee
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I would stay again cause of the affordability! The coffee was not so good, never had any of the breakfast to rate that! Didn't have HBO like the place states! Had some good food delivery in the area, pizza and pasta right across the street was very good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Shakopee? Share your experiences!