Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
“Fantastic stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I stayed over this past weekend because we went to the horse races at Cantebury Park. There was a shuttle that brought us from the hotel to the park so that was convenient! The hotel was in a great location. Restaurant close by as well as gas stations. Easy to find also! Beautiful And peaceful patio outside and a wonderful breakfast with many options! The rooms were spacious and very clean and the staff was great! Not a complaint. I worked in a hotel as a manager so I am normally pretty picky.... But I can't say anything negative about this hotel! Great job!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Verona, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We need a hotel close to Stonebrooke golf club for a wedding. Country Inn and Suites was about a mile. They left us do earlier (2pm) checkin so we could shower and dress for wedding. Nice size room, good breakfast inclided. Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kmalmberg1
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked a room here at the spur of the moment to wait out a pending winter storm so I wasn’t able to enjoy the usual online price breaks. That said I still felt that I got my money’s worth from this facility.

The hotel’s location is very good in that it is near major roads (on Marschall Rd and near Hwy 169) so they get cleared (such as they are) during bad weather. There is a good variety of food and other shopping options in the immediate vicinity.

The front desk staff at both check-in and check-out times were very courteous and helpful.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi in the rooms. The 2-queen bed room was spacious and clean. The décor and walls were in decent condition. It was a no smoking room and I didn’t smell any from past or nearby occupants. The beds were made, linens clean, and mattresses very firm (but I like them that way) so no issues there. The small bedside radio/alarm clock appeared newer and in very good condition. The room’s closet area was very small and open (no privacy door) but since I was only there overnight I didn’t care too much about this. The room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was a good flat screen television with an excellent channel selection. The reading/writing table and chairs were in good condition as was the table lamp. All lights worked as expected. The room heater worked very well and heated up the room quickly. Carpet was clean and in good condition. The bathroom was clean, fully stocked with linens, t.p., and several travel toiletries. Tile floor was in good condition. Good water flow rate from the shower and tub faucets. Someone above had pretty heavy feet so that disrupted my sleep often.

Regarding the rest of the facilities, while I didn’t use the pool or hot tub the area was OK and clean. The lobby area had a nice atmosphere and had a working fireplace as well as free internet access on its computer. Contrary to a previous reviewer, I felt the dining area was spacious enough as far as hotels go. It is meant for the quick breakfast crowd…not sit down restaurant, supper dining. The dining room was clean, kept up, and decently supplied plus it was equipped with a wall television. The continental breakfast was excellent and came with not only the typical milk/cereal, toasting items, and coffee found in most hotels but also hard boiled eggs, 3 kinds of juices, bagels and rolls, biscuits/gravy, and sausages. The food was all you care to eat so you shouldn’t leave hungry.

All in all I had a good sty and would recommend this facility to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MBgolfnut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

1st stay was in 2011. While parked in their lot overnight, vehicle was vandalized, breaking off the heated side mirror of our SUV.It cost ME $600 to replace. Staff at front desk were less than sympathetic when told and we asked if camera's were in the parking lot. By the way, they don't have cameras, you are on your own. We thought it was a fluke so booked with them again in October 2012. The stay was better, got a good rate thru Expedia and our vehicle made it out without a scratch. LITTLE DID I KNOW, you have to watch your credit card bill for the next THREE months! Bam! Here is a charge for 1 nights stay back in October 2012, charged to my card in January 2013! First, I am a little uneasy that they would still have my credit card info and secondly that they feel so free to use it without my permission. I called to get it "taken care of"&got little more than an excuse, no apology and no compensation for MY time and the added expense in charges to my credit card because of their decision to go "willy nilly charging" on my credit card when the bill had been paid in full! I hope they don't decide to use my card anyplace else like say Target or Itunes without my permission! I mean, hey, I didn't give permission for this charge 3 months later either! I don't think there will be a third time for them to strike out w/ me. It has already happened! I will let the Attorney General fraud division deal with them now. I mean seriously, not even an apology, wow.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel one other time, and had nothing but problems. However, they sent out a coupon for a 20% discount, so we decided to give them another (final) chance. Almost from the start, the stay was better. The young woman at the desk was pleasant and fun to talk to. She had us ready to go to our room in no time. The room was clean, unlike our first visit. When we went down to breakfast, they were set up early so we took advantage of that. All the equipment worked this time (refrigerator was broken the first time and one of the waffle makers was questionable.) We were able to have a quiet and relaxing breakfast. Checkout was fast and courteous. The only complaint we had was not the responsibility of the hotel, and that was people who were talking loudly in the halls, and someone who must have been wearing concrete boots somewhere after midnight. Other than those small gripes, the hotel had made a 180 degree turnaround from our previous visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry B
United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I came for a weekend trip to visit friends so didn't spend much time at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and the room was very clean, a good size and had a comfortable bed. The breakfast unfortunately was a real let down as I would have expected much better for the price of the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Holmen, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Our family of four stayed in a double queen room for one night while on a trip to Valleyfair. The location was great, the hotel is a very short drive from many restaurants and there is a walgreens right across the street. All rooms are nonsmoking, but the first room we were assigned smelled like smoke. We had no problems getting switched to a different room. Our room was clean, beds were so-so for comfort (I've had much better and I've had worse). There is a pool, but it is pretty small. Max capacity was 16 ppl and it seemed full with 8 kids in it at once, however, our 7 and 4 year old had fun swimming in it, so it suited our needs! Overall, the hotel was adequate, but nothing special that I would have to come back to this particular hotel if staying in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!