“for family or work”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
“for family or work”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very friendly and clean. They have great meating rooms and accomadations for the long weekend family travler or the company flyin. You can work very well with in house WIFI and getup eat a great breakfast and read the paper or watch a little news on the lobby TV.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Kevin H
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Wow Kevin! 5 out of 5 you gave us and that's awesome. The team here works hard to provide a comfortable and satisfactory stay for all of our guests. Seeing reviews like this is why they do it. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Newer Hampton property located just south of Minneapolis. Great staff, clean hotel, decent workout room and better than most breakfast choices. King room had a semi odd layout with bed facing window and TV tucked in the corner about as far away from TV as it could be. If that's the only complaint (minor at best) then this is a great place! King room also had a shower only (no tub) which is a bonus. Hotel is very quite and there is a very nice Ruby Tuesday's right next door. Avoid the 494 traffic and save a few bucks in Shakopee.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Rooms facing East do not overlook the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kubzfan
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! I am happy to hear that you had a good stay and we hope to see you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Noise was never an issue and our rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is close to several attraction and I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for the awesome review of our hotel! It's always good to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. If you find yourself in our area again, I hope to see you at the Hampton Inn!
Canton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The place is very new. Hotel staff was friendly and nice. The decore was modern and sofisticated. I stayed for a work, but loved the place so much I would stay for pleasure also. I recoment this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review Mike! I am happy to hear that your stay went so well. We hope to see you again soon!
Mankato, MN
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Clean, courteous, good location, comfy bed and good breakafst and nice little pool. Great for reasobaly priced business travel or for a family stay. Did not use the workout room but that seemed great for a short stay as well. Best place I've stayed in Shakopee...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and thank you for staying with us when you have other choices. I am happy to hear that your stay went so well! Come back soon beacuse we love having you here!
Sioux City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for business in March 2013 as it was close to the areas that I was working.

However, if here on vacation. you are close to:
Mega Mall - 20 minutes
Canterbury Downs (horse racing) - 5 minutes
Mystic Lake Casino - 10 minutes
ValleyFair - 10 minutes
Airport - 20 minutes

The rooms were nicely equipped. The only thing was that they do not have microwaves or fridges. I am a tall person and the shower heads are set very high so that was nice. They state that they wash both the sheets and comforter after every stay so that was reassuring. Breakfast was great! They have a great selection of foods included as well as "to go bags" which have a muffin, water, granola bar and apple.

During my stay they had a huge snowstorm and I was impressed with how quickly they had the lot plowed. I had questions a couple times for staff and they were always accomodating. Ruby Tuesdays is right next door within walking distance.They have a free business center which includes printing. Free USA Today and Wall Street Journal.

I would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a high room. I could hear the person walking above me in the mornings.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Wow! What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hear you loud and clear and I am excited to say we are in the process of getting a fridge and microwave in every guest room by June 1st, 2013! Thanks again and we will see you next time.
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a lot. The staff remembers me every time, greets me with smiles and remembers my preferences. There appears to be little staff turnover. The facility is always clean and has just enough of everything to be comfortable. Fitness center is typical but always clean and stocked with towels and water. The lobby area has ample seating for impromptu business meetings or conversations at night. Recent reward changes to healthier snacks on check in are much appreciated. My only compliant has been a very infrequent brush with bathroom cleanliness issues - but these are very very infrequent - but are the only issue I've had. Tip: With a Qdoba and Subway and Ruby Tuesday a very short walk away there are ample opportunities to eat at the hotel or room.

Room Tip: Odd room numbers are away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! We area lways happy to hear what our guests are saying about us. What check-in snack is your favorite? The next time you are in town, please notify me prior to arrival and I will make sure it is waiting for you! Thank you again and we will see you next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!