“Just Right!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Mankato, MN
“Just Right!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Clean, courteous, good location, comfy bed and good breakafst and nice little pool. Great for reasobaly priced business travel or for a family stay. Did not use the workout room but that seemed great for a short stay as well. Best place I've stayed in Shakopee...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the review and thank you for staying with us when you have other choices. I am happy to hear that your stay went so well! Come back soon beacuse we love having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sioux City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for business in March 2013 as it was close to the areas that I was working.

However, if here on vacation. you are close to:
Mega Mall - 20 minutes
Canterbury Downs (horse racing) - 5 minutes
Mystic Lake Casino - 10 minutes
ValleyFair - 10 minutes
Airport - 20 minutes

The rooms were nicely equipped. The only thing was that they do not have microwaves or fridges. I am a tall person and the shower heads are set very high so that was nice. They state that they wash both the sheets and comforter after every stay so that was reassuring. Breakfast was great! They have a great selection of foods included as well as "to go bags" which have a muffin, water, granola bar and apple.

During my stay they had a huge snowstorm and I was impressed with how quickly they had the lot plowed. I had questions a couple times for staff and they were always accomodating. Ruby Tuesdays is right next door within walking distance.They have a free business center which includes printing. Free USA Today and Wall Street Journal.

I would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a high room. I could hear the person walking above me in the mornings.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Wow! What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hear you loud and clear and I am excited to say we are in the process of getting a fridge and microwave in every guest room by June 1st, 2013! Thanks again and we will see you next time.
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a lot. The staff remembers me every time, greets me with smiles and remembers my preferences. There appears to be little staff turnover. The facility is always clean and has just enough of everything to be comfortable. Fitness center is typical but always clean and stocked with towels and water. The lobby area has ample seating for impromptu business meetings or conversations at night. Recent reward changes to healthier snacks on check in are much appreciated. My only compliant has been a very infrequent brush with bathroom cleanliness issues - but these are very very infrequent - but are the only issue I've had. Tip: With a Qdoba and Subway and Ruby Tuesday a very short walk away there are ample opportunities to eat at the hotel or room.

Room Tip: Odd room numbers are away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! We area lways happy to hear what our guests are saying about us. What check-in snack is your favorite? The next time you are in town, please notify me prior to arrival and I will make sure it is waiting for you! Thank you again and we will see you next time!
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've stayed at this location many times now and I must say it's great to see the same friendly and kind employees each and every time we stay. A special thank you goes out to Chelsea for always being so friendly and accommodating. We will be seeing you on a regular basis as we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when we visit our children/grandchildren. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Easy access and close proximity to dining and shopping. Nearby pharmacy also a plus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments! I have shared this review with Chelsea. It really means a lot to the team when their efforts are recongnized. We can't wait to see you next time!
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The guy on reception was very friendly which is always nice. I had requested a crib and he told me to call down if one wasn't already in the room. It wasn't so I called down, only to have to call an hour later as it hadn't materialized. He brought it up himself. The beds were comfortable and the heating was quiet, which is a bonus!

The bathroom was small as was the closet but we were only there for one night so it wasn't a problem.

Breakfast area was clean and modern. The food on offer was typical breakfast buffet fare, nothing special.

I thought I may have left something in the room and called the day we checked out... 7 days later I am still waiting for a call back from housekeeping!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your review! We always welcome the input from our guests and I am glad to hear you had a good experience with our front desk staff.

I am hoping to help you with your lost and found issue as well. Could you please contact me directly? That way I can make sure we accurately check on your belongings. 952.641.3604 is my direct line.

Thank you again for staying with us! We love having you here!
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, but small closet which is okay for short stays. NO luggage rack which should be provided for convenience. They do provide an iron and a full size ironing board. The lobby/breakfast area is nice. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available 24/7 at the lobby. Complimentary breakfast is provided but it's just okay, good variety but not great quality. The gym has cardio equipment as do most hotels but it also has dumbbells and an indoor pool which was a nice surprise. This hotel does not have a bar or restaurant but there is a Ruby Tuesday across the parking lot about 100 feet away from the side of the hotel. There is a CVS less than a block away. I stayed here a couple of times and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Manny L
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us! I will be checking with housekeeping to make sure there is a luggage rack in every room as well as speaking with the team to discuss ways to improve the quality of our breakfast selection.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Augusta, KS
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I read the other reviews complaining of the noise, I thought they were people who always find an issue with their hotel. Well they were right. The highway noise is noticeable. As is the noise from other rooms next to you and above you and the hallway.

Nice hotel. Clean. Modern. Staff is great and friendly. Breakfast could be better. I prefer the breakfast at Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast issue is a Hampton Inn issue, not just this particular hotel.

Fitness room could use a weight machine, but it is nicely equipped.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are always happy to hear what our guests have to say! I am also happy that you brought up the breakfast selection. I am excited to say that we are currently testing new food products in our breakfast area such as Yukon Gold and Red potatoes, Turkey sausages and more! We hope to have the new products as a permanent selection sometime this year!

Thank you again for staying with us! Come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!