“Comfortable place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee

Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Los Angeles, California
“Comfortable place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Rooms, staff and grounds very nice. Breakfast very good but could have more seating for guests.

Room Tip: Very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My daughter and I made a quick trip up to ValleyFair and the cities. I thought this was a brand new property and asked if it had just opened. Well taken care off. The room was perfect and breakfast area clean. This is a great place. I also asked for the ValleyFair package and saved a ton on park tickets. Thank you!!!! We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lake Elmo, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I've never written a hotel review before but I was so impressed with this hotel I felt I should. We were there with a 10U softball team and had such a nice experience. The room/hotel in general was very clean, the service was exceptional. Whatever we needed they couldn't have been happier to oblige us. They did more than they needed to every time. The breakfast that is included in the price of the room was very good. (The dads were happy, bacon, eggs, waffles, fruit, muffins, etc.) The pool area is on the smaller size but served its purpose between games! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HotelSnobMN
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

What a strange experience! We checked in late due to a delayed flight to Minneapolis and the desk clerk asked if I'd like to keep the charges on my American Express. I should have said "yes"; I don't even have an American Express card! It should have sent up red flags. We got to our nicely laid out king bed room. I immediately found a dirty wash cloth hanging in the bathroom. The remainder of the bath looked clean, but who would clean a tub/shower and leave a dirty cloth??? I went to the front desk to report this and the clerk informed me in no uncertain terms that she was not going to clean the bath as she was the only employee on duty at that time. I arranged for housekeeping to come at 9 am and went back to unpack. We were exhausted, and as I moved pillows to turn down the bed I noticed what looked like orange stains from someone eating Cheetos on the white comforter!! Gross out! Well then I turned back the comforter to find what appeared to be a huge sweat or (????) worse stain on the sheets. Totally grossed out, I called the desk and demanded action. The desk clerk managed to leave her post long enough to check out my story, then moved us to another room, which was double queen beds, not what I booked, but all they had left. She thought the manager might be able to comp the room for that night for my trouble. I spoke to Dan, the general manager the next morning. He was very kind and sympathetic. He moved us to a king room next to our relatives at my request and did comp the room for the first night. The remainder of our stay was uneventful and very pleasant. The place is pretty quiet and in a newly developed area. There's a nice large lobby area where we could visit with family and even enjoy wine and snacks we brought. The breakfast is the typical high-carb waffles, breads, cereals with a couple hot items--the instant yukky-tasting eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc. - but the bagel-sausage-egg sandwiches are great! Nice big exercise room with sanitizing cloths for use. Swimming pool, however, reeked of chlorine & made my eyes burn when I opened the door-we didn't partake. All in all not my best hotel experience, but OK.

Room Tip: Check it out before you unpack!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Man_Mpls, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for your candid reply! As the newest hotel to Shakopee we have seen an overwhelming positive response from our guests and have shot to the top of the Hampton Rankings in terms of cleanliness, service and overall experience. Unfortunately your stay did not reflect what the overhwhelming majority of our guests experience. The american express card on your reservation belonged to Travelocity since it was prepaid. Thank you for letting us know about this and how we can improve.
Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Shakopee, MN is a beautiful, comfy & cozy place to stay. Very much needed in this area and much appreciated. The hotel & staff will wow you. Perfect for the business persons needs and yet all the things needed when staying for leasure. The staff is top notch. You will be pleased with the amenities they have available. The free breakfast is great. Love the breakfast to go bag for when we are in a hurry. Love the plush fluffy bedding too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LindaMN
StaceyHampton, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are very glad you enjoyed our hotel.
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

We were so pleased with our stay at your hotel. The hotel was extremely clean and welcoming. The best coffee was waiting in the front lobby any time of the day. The contential breakfast pleased all of us - especially a group of 17 hockey players! I have never had a more comfortable bed and almost forgot that I was staying in a motel. We will defintely stay with you again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeckersSiouxFalls
Jamestown, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

This hotel is one of the cleanest properties I have stayed at. Upon check-in, you would think that it just opened yesterday because everything is so clean and modern. The staff was friendly and always took the extra step to make sure we were enjoying our stay. This hotel, staff, and management definitely know and care about what they are doing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank curban17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shakopee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Shakopee - Canterbury Park
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!