“Happy Surprise ”

Schroeder Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Schroeder
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We just stopped for a quick lunch, but enjoyed the thin crust pizza very much. It's small but definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Schroeder is one of my favorite stops along highway 61, designated an All American Road, and the bakery is one of my "must stops" while in Schroeder. They have so many delicious homemade treats and reasonably priced so you can purchase some for later too. It is always immaculate. The coffee is delicious. I enjoy buying a cup of coffee and a sweet treat and heading to a nearby wayside overlooking Lake Superior to savor the view and the treat from Schroeder Bakery. Father Baraga Cross, just a short distance further up Highway 61, is nearby if you cannot wait to try your purchase. There are lots of rocks to sit on as you watch the waves hit the shore and the ever present sea gulls swimming in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stopped here for some quick breakfast on our way home. It was easy, cheap, and tasted fine. Nice, cozy establishment.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stopped in on a rainy day for a cup of coffee. Best cup of coffee we had on our visit up north! The ladies working there were also super sweet! They gave me some great waterfall recommendations!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were returning from the Boundary Waters and needed a decent cup of coffee. After looking at the other reviews we stopped in at Schroeder's Bakery. Everyone was absolutely right! My two sons were thrilled with this bakery too! The homemade donuts were as close to Grandma's as I've found. But the cinnamon roll was the absolute highlight. It's as big as my son's head and a delectable combination of cinnamon and frosting! Don't miss this place. You will love it too.

Been to Schroeder Bakery? Share your experiences!