We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schroeder
Lamb's Resort
Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a great little surprise! The campground was recommended to me by a family member, who has stayed here before. We were so thrilled with our campsite #57. It was literally on the shore of Lake Superior, and we could hear waves crashing throughout the day and night. What a beautiful view! The campsite would snugly fit two good size tents. One of the camping pads has a little decline, so my sleeping bag seemed to slip downside the tent. It is nearby two other campsites as well, (maybe a little too close) but the campers were respectful, as we are. There are port-o-potties throughout the drive, as the bathhouse is nearby the office. I found the showers and washrooms to be clean and tidy. Garbage was always maintained. We were able to buy ice and firewood from the main office. Paul was lovely, and he also had recommendations for area fishing spots.

Room Tip: This property also has cabins to rent. Great fishing spot on the mouth of the river, which leads to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bootsie31

Reviewed September 9, 2013

First time tent camping on Superior ---family group at site 5 ---looking over rocks ---I think site 8 would have more lake view----other reviews mentioned dirty bathrooms --white counters etc doesn't hide dirt they were spotless any time of the day ---porta potties were everywhere ---cars parking was close ---lots of trees ----pet friendly too

a great first experience on the North shore

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 76mjh67
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went over 4th of July, and it was noisy, a bunch of drunks, the bathrooms weren't clean. The black flies are a pain in the bung! The staff was nice, although appeared sparingly....there are way better places to go on the North Shore!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramblinmanandwoman
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was our first time camping at Lamb's resort. I had stayed at a cabin years ago, but this was our first time camping in a tent. We had a lakeside campsite. It had spectacular views, though not much privacy. When I camp I like privacy and the sites are very close together. It seems like a family friendly resort (good for people with kids). We are a couple with no kids, so it was at times like being at the zoo, not very relaxing at all. Probably not the best place for people looking to relax and listen to the sounds of nature. I disagree with the post about the showers/bathrooms needing to be burned down. I thought the shower area was good for camping. I never had problems with getting a hot shower. I stay at state parks with showers and would say that this shower facility was compareable to those. I shower at night and never had an issue with getting into a shower and they were always clean, although I worried I would since there was only 2 showers for each gender. I agree with the comments about Paul. We were looking for places to fish and called the main lodge and spoke with him and he was short, rude and condecending enough so that we aren't going back to the resort. It was really uncalled for. We just asked for places to fish. I bought wood from them and it was REALLY wet. Not a big deal, I just bought wood from up the road. Location wise, it's a good location on the northshore. To get to the campsite it was park on to of the hill and a steep hike down the hill. A little scary if you aren't used to doing something like that.

It's a nice place if you have kids I would guess, but not really how I persoanlly like to camp. Paul is rude, avoid him if you can, but the ladies that checked me in and spoke to me over the phone were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ms W
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lambs resort is a little treasure on the North Shore. We found this while travelling along the beach one day--small red cabins facing the lake. The site itself is large, with a huge campground. We stayed off season, before it gets really busy with campers. Friendly welcoming owners, beautiful site. Great trails along the lake and next to the Cross River gorge. Good location about mid-way up the shore. These log cabins are nothing fancy...just the basics, a welcome flashback to the rustic cabins of my youth. Warm, cozy, absolutely northwoods. Some may like the huge fancy condos on the Shore, I'll take this little place any day!
Thanks Lamb's for a great escape! Loved it!

Room Tip: Cabins are located along the lakeshore and next to the roaring Cross River. I loved the lake view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been going to lambs to camp for several years now. And now our children and there children come along too. We have gone from needing 1 site each June to now needing 3. It is the only campground on the North shore where you can camp right on the edge of the water and listen to the waves crashing all night! Its beautiul there! We have always been treated very nice and hopefully will be able to continue going back for many years! Thanks Lambs!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at Lambs resort twice a year for 12 years. We have tented, campered, and most recently used their cabin. We always have an amazing time. The campsites directly in the Lake Superior Shore are fantastic. Always great friendly service. Close proximity to many great hikes full of berries and great nature!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schroeder
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Caribou Highlands Lodge
Superior Ridge Resort Motel

Been to Lamb's Resort? Share your experiences!