“What a dangerous Dump! Do not stay here with kids!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What a dangerous Dump! Do not stay here with kids!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Despite all the bad reviews for this place, I feel the need to share my experience in case there are people thinking this is a great deal. It's not, it's not worth the $80 for the room if you can afford more. I was out in the area for a wedding and, due to drinking, wanted to stay in the area. I was planning on a room at the nearby casino but I didn't reserve quick enough to get a good rate. After my experience, I should have just spent the $200 for a room at mystic. The hotel wreaks of cigarette smoke, the halls, the pool, the front office, it was all so smokey. That was the first thing my boyfriend said when we walked in. The room was fine for the most part, the sheets were clean, the room was generally clean, and thankfully there wasn't a lingering smoke smell either. However, the comforter had a cigarette burn in it, and the decor of the room was just generally outdated and stale. It was a 95 degree day and, although the AC worked, it worked poorly; the room was very humid and stuffy for our entire one-night stay. I took a shower in the evening and very suddenly the water went from warm to extremely hot in a matter of seconds. Thankfully I didn't get burned badly. I informed the front office boy about it and he didn't seem to care or offer me any kind of compensation for the issue. I was not impressed. In the morning during checkout, the process was excessively slow. The cops also showed up to deal with some domestic issue going on, which was a little scary. Also, the people staying there were very sketchy. One gal carried some other couples child (because he was wandering the halls alone) and the parents berated her for taking their child to the front desk. Several residents were obviously on drugs. It's just trashy, ghetto, and unpolished. While I realize that there are people out there who will have to stay in places like this due to the price, please try and keep your kids away from this hotel and get something better and safer. I couldn't help but worry that some poor child might burn him or herself in the death trap of a shower.

Room Tip: Get a room on the far edge of the hotel to avoid excess noise and the other residents.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is in a questionable area and is questionable itself. It smells a bit funky, the rooms are small and feel dirty. They have NO ELEVATOR as well, which would have been nice to know before having to lug 50lbs of luggage up 3 flights of stairs.

THe staff was great but the hotel needs more than good staff to make it worth a stay. Avoid this hotel and this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Savage hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff was so friendly n helpful. Best beds we have ever slept on in a hotel. Great price n location. The only issue we had was the parking stalls are somewhat small n its hard to get out of your vehicle. We will stay here again:)

• Stayed August 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed two nights in two different rooms.The first room was a bad experience. The room had a horrible smell. Had to buy an air freshener for it. The fitted sheet was clean but worn enough to see stained mattress pad beneath. The sink faucet only had hot water. Unexpectedly needed to stay a second night. Was able to get a bigger room and it was like a completely different hotel, no smell and clean. They also allowed us to extend the checkout time due to our situation.They offer a shuttle service to local attractions (some are many miles away) for a very reasonable fee. If all rooms were updated like the second one, it could be a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The lady at the desk was friendly, but service was slow. All of the rooms we had smelled like mold. One had pet waste behind the TV. Two of the rooms were at garden level, and had bugs crawling in from the crack between the Air conditioner and the wall. The water temp would change drastically when the other room would flush or turn on their water. It wasn't safe for my kids to shower due to the extreme temp of the water. Road noise was bad in the rooms as well from trains and semi trucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank othergm
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

First room we were given had a nonstop barking dog next door. When we complained multi times they kept telling us no other rooms available. Finally fixed fan in another room and moved us. Next room smelled so strongly of cherry air freshener it made me ill. They would not move us and would not refund money so we had to sleep there. Next morning when we woke up freshener had disapated and whole room smelled of dog pee. Very bad experience with a motel,worst i can remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabeena R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Bunny,
Thank you for taking time to comment regarding your stay at our hotel and allow me to apologize on behalf our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guests, consequently, its disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please accept my apology.

Be assured that the issues you had have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

Management
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at quality in and I liked the location. It was really good for me for travel wise. The room was neat and clean and for the price I paid I would say it was worth it. If I was traveling again or my friends were traveling I would recommed it and go stay there again.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room so that you have more privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank evelina k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
4.0 of 5 stars 94 reviews
Envision South Saint Paul, an Ascend Member
Envision South Saint Paul, an As...
#1 of 1 in South Saint Paul
3.5 of 5 stars 104 reviews

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!