“Good and bad.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Good and bad.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed two nights in two different rooms.The first room was a bad experience. The room had a horrible smell. Had to buy an air freshener for it. The fitted sheet was clean but worn enough to see stained mattress pad beneath. The sink faucet only had hot water. Unexpectedly needed to stay a second night. Was able to get a bigger room and it was like a completely different hotel, no smell and clean. They also allowed us to extend the checkout time due to our situation.They offer a shuttle service to local attractions (some are many miles away) for a very reasonable fee. If all rooms were updated like the second one, it could be a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The lady at the desk was friendly, but service was slow. All of the rooms we had smelled like mold. One had pet waste behind the TV. Two of the rooms were at garden level, and had bugs crawling in from the crack between the Air conditioner and the wall. The water temp would change drastically when the other room would flush or turn on their water. It wasn't safe for my kids to shower due to the extreme temp of the water. Road noise was bad in the rooms as well from trains and semi trucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank othergm

Travelers are raving about these Savage hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

First room we were given had a nonstop barking dog next door. When we complained multi times they kept telling us no other rooms available. Finally fixed fan in another room and moved us. Next room smelled so strongly of cherry air freshener it made me ill. They would not move us and would not refund money so we had to sleep there. Next morning when we woke up freshener had disapated and whole room smelled of dog pee. Very bad experience with a motel,worst i can remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabeena R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Bunny,
Thank you for taking time to comment regarding your stay at our hotel and allow me to apologize on behalf our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guests, consequently, its disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please accept my apology.

Be assured that the issues you had have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

Management
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at quality in and I liked the location. It was really good for me for travel wise. The room was neat and clean and for the price I paid I would say it was worth it. If I was traveling again or my friends were traveling I would recommed it and go stay there again.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room so that you have more privacy.
1 Thank evelina k
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I slept OK but will try another hotel in the area before staying here again.

Specific problems:
Window A/C could not be turned off (unless you pulled the cord out of the wall). The "Off" setting didn't work.
Nightstand clock worked but alarm didn't
Shower control was random -- just went around and around and you had to figure out where the hot and cold settings actually were.
Gave me someone else's receipt when I checked out. My fault for not noticing it, I suppose, but it meant that they got away with charging me $1.50 for a room safe which I did not use (and I don't believe actually existed in my room -- I certainly never saw it so it was sure hidden if it was in there somewhere).
For the price, I expected to have a refrigerator and microwave in my room, but there was neither (in fairness, though, I don't believe it was advertised that there would be -- I just expected there to be for hotels in this price range).
I asked for advice on how to get to MSP airport and the front desk clerk failed to tell me that there was a detour on the route. Not a huge deal because she had told me to leave early enough that I still caught my plane on time but it was something that I'd consider important enough to mention to your guest.

Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A very good location for the business traveler needing accommodations in the south and southwest suburbs of the Twin Cities. This is an updated older property that is generally well maintained and managed. The staff has always been helpful in meeting my early check-in or late check-out requests.
As a frequent traveler for over 20 years and loyal member of the Choice Hotels International, Red Roof Inns and Marriott Hotels, I have found issues on occasion that need to be addressed at all hotels. The attitude of the staff in addressing the problem and how it is attended to are the important factors. I have found that as a business traveler, my loyalty to a hotel chain and individual properties will work to my advantage, The staff gets to know our preferences in room type, floor preference, amenities etc. They begin to develop a business relationship with us and try to accommodate us by expressing an appreciation for our repeat business.
I put this Choice Hotel- Quality Inn, Savage, MN on my list of ''homes" away from home". The pricing compared to value received is good. As a business traveler, expenses are an important consideration for all planned trips. Some trips require upper tier, moderate or economy accommodations. The experiences and budget of each traveler will determine their individual requirements.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
1 Thank 146RogerF
Sabeena R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Roger,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your stay at the Quality Inn in Savage, Minnesota. I have shared your comment with the staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind positive feedback. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide, and we do try to learn our repeated customers so we can make sure the things we know they like are there for them.

Again on behalf of the team from the Savage Quality Inn thank you and we look forward to see you as always.

Manaegment
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a hard time trying to find accommodation in Minneapolis near the mall of America. This place came up. Thought it would be a chain, so couldn't be too bad. Wrong. Room smelled of air freshener to the point of gagging. Dirty room - wallpaper bubbling off walls in bathroom, just generally looking tired and dated. Little attention to detail. Tap broken, safe didn't work, no ironing board (back ordered) broken bed, old linens and to top it off, blood on the ceiling. Asked for a different room and was told only thing avail was third floor walk up. Restaurants in area closed by 10. Bed was soft. Tap was broken and hot-cold were reversed. Had to fun just the right spot to try and stop the water. Parking lot was so full that it was difficult to find a parking space and all pertains parking seemed reckless. We actually saw one driver hit another car and just drive away. A/c shut off in the middle of the night. Breakfast. don't even ask. I can't believe we stayed - didnt want to be out our money as it was not going to be refunded. I think that Choice Hotels should re-evaluate some of their affiliates. i actually have some other Choice Hotel bookings next week that I will be cancelling because of how disgusting this is. Just can't wait to get out of here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travellerino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Nicollet Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis/Shakopee
Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!