“Would Never Stay Again”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Would Never Stay Again”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I'm guessing the good reviews about this place were written by Management and staff or perhaps a homeless person that's been on the street for years would think this is nice compared to what they were use to. I stayed here last night. I've been to really nice hotels and hotels that aren't so nice. It's worn and they don't keep it up. Breakfast ends early (9 am), so you better be up or you will miss it! Most places have breakfast at least until 10 am. I woke up this morning to go see if they had some type of breakfast, when I got to the breakfast room and opened the door, there were a couple of women cleaning up, I said "Is this the breakfast room?" one of the workers looked at me like she wanted to start me on fire! She was rude and had a nasty look on her face, the other women in the room seemed frustrated and informed me that breakfast was over, it had ended at 9 am. Just very bad customer service, and one thing you don't do to me if I paid for a stay is treat me bad, because I will NEVER stay at this nasty hotel again. I could see this place having bed bugs, I hope to God I don't have them! It's cheap in price for a reason people!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 282Lisa323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Zimmerman
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I am not sure why the bad reviews, but we had a wonderful time here. The rooms were clean and comfortable, fresh smelling. The hotel staff was super friendly and accomodating“The location was excellent. The price was the cheapest of all the hotels in the vicinity.

I would stay here again, and I would recoomend this hotel to any one. We had a great time!

Room Tip: for the price the Suite was econmial and very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2011

When I walked into my room, I wanted to turn around and leave. The room smelled like old smoke. I had to keep my socks on because the carpet felt slimy. I felt like I needed a bio-hazard suit to sleep in the bed. The blanket looked like something my husband would use in the garage or for the dog. There was hair all over the bed, bathtub and bathroom counter. I couldn't stop itching the next morning. I don't see any bites anywhere, but I still itch!! Really makes me nervous seeing the other review with the bedbugs. The sheets smelled like old smoke and so did the towels, so I have to wonder if they wash them. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. Ish.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank totallyhonest1002

Travelers are raving about these Savage hotels

West
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My daughter and I rented 2 rooms for 3 nights last summer.
After the first night, my daughter began complaining of bites on her abdomen and legs.
While in her room I noticed one, then several small insects crawling across one of the beds. We notified the clerk at the front desk, bagged all our luggage and checked out immediately. The next day was spent in urgent care at the local hospital and on the phone with the MN Department of Health. The worst part is we can't management to respond.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank RamblingWest
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My biggest problem is that the rooms don't have a real exhaust fan in the bathroom, so it's humid/damp from running the shower, so I have had to keep the A/C running all the time. Breakfast is actually above average for this class of hotel. Door slamming was a problem, but people seem to be inconsiderate about door slamming in all classes of hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank I_am_db
South Dakota
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This motel is visible going to Mpls/St Paul from Hwy 13. We stayed here instead of our usual motel in Burnsville. It has a lot going for it. Rooms are outfitted with a microwave and refrigerator, there is free WiFi, a hot tub and pool and free breakfast in the morning. Within two blocks of the motel, there is mexican, chinese, burger & pizza and american fast food.

Room Tip: Three floors but no elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed for ten weeks this summer and had a great time. Clean room,friendly staff,pool is finished and nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gsx90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Days Inn Bloomington West
Days Inn Bloomington West
#40 of 42 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!