“Mmmm churros!!”

Taco John's
Ranked #29 of 53 Restaurants in Savage
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I love taco johns, churros and burritos! this location isn't the best all the time but in general taco johns restaurants are great.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I normally wouldn't take the time to review a fast food joint, but this experience was so horrible that I felt that I needed to share... The only reason that I am giving them one star is because ZERO stars is not an option - in fact, I think that they owe ME stars after this visit.

I pulled up to the drive thru at 12:40 pm. There were 2 cars ahead of me - one waiting to order and one ordering. Then the wait started. My order was taken at 1:00 PM - yes a full TWENTY MINUTES LATER! After my order was taken I waited... and waited... and waited... at 1:18 I finally was up to the pickup window. I promptly paid for my 4 hard shell tacos, my taco bravo (hard shell taco wrapped with a soft shell and beans) and my Supreme Potato Ole's. I then waited for a full 5 more minutes for my food at the window. During that time I got to witness a boy looking at the monitor and making the food one item at a time - slowly. I got to witness 2 girls standing around behind the front counter doing NOTHING (except walking in back by the drive thru to take a drink from one of their many sodas sitting near the food prep area). I got to witness the girl working the drive thru attempting to fill both the counter orders and my order. I got to witness an older gentleman handle garbage and then go right to prepping food without changing his gloves. I got to witness an older woman - manager? Off to the side working on a project and not managing the keystone cops antics of the kitchen.

My food was finally served to me and I pulled forward into the parking lot to ensure my order was correct (which it was) and to try a taco.

The iceburg lettuce on the taco was nice and cold. The meat was nice and cold - EXACTLY the same temp as the lettuce. (Clearly proper food temperature was not maintained causing a serious health hazard). I spit it out, threw it away, drove home and hopped on YELP and now here.

I would avoid this Taco John's location in Savage MN at all costs after what I witnessed during a not-crowded lunch time. What I witnessed brings me to question how they have not been (yet) shut down or at least corrected by the health department.

With so much good Mexican food south of the river, do not be a fool and give in to the temptation to eat at this Taco John's.

1  Thank Jeremy_Deysach