Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Savage
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Road 42
Description: Axel’s Bonfire, commonly known as Bonfire, features real wood-fired cooking giving the food its rich and distinctive grilled flavor. The relaxed, inviting atmosphere is a perfect backdrop for festive, flavorful American cuisine with a unique Southwest flair. Focusing on quality and freshness, Bonfire prefers to purchase ingredients locally and all food is Trans- fat free and prepared from scratch, including sauces and dressings. The family-friendly restaurant’s signature items include wood-fired pizzas, spit-roasted meat, sizzling fajitas, salads, pastas and make-your-own pizzas for kids.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Burgers are nothing to write home about, Mexican is lousy, but the french dip is ok. Just never had a meal there that made me say WOW I just gotta go back and bring friends. Decent outdoor patio and interior ambience...although cold indoor dining the winter despite indoor fireplace.

1  Thank WilderE

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Bonfire is a delicious spot to stop for happy hour. On Monday-Friday, they have half off all of their pizzas and appetizers. Their pizza can easily be shared with 2-3 people and it ends up being around $5. My favorite appetizer are the chicken lettuce wraps. They are to die for. All of their drinks are $2 off as well. Definitely worth checking out!!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We used to go here a fews times a month in the past. Now we barely like walking in the door. The other night was not an exception. They used to have great happy hour specials...now not so much. One of my favorite apps were the Bull Bites and I feel the past few visits they have definitely been the chewy(not in a good way) or way over cooked. It just feels like the entire place/vibe has changed. Maybe the Axel's owners need to buy it back and bring it back to life.

1  Thank broncobuff
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had never been to Axel's before. From the outside, I was expecting a nice place. Inside, I was disappointed to see that it was a glorified sports bar. Initially our waitress was a little too eager to get our order...she seemed impatient. But she improved as the night wore on. Two of us ordered the halibut with cheesy hash browns. The halibut was rubbery b/c it was over-cooked. The hash browns were a flat pancake of grease. We rejected the orders. The manager came over and "confirmed" that our meals were bad (that was curious). He was polite. The other person ordered the salmon as her new meal. It was over-cooked and rubbery. I ordered the prime rib and got a good sized portion but it was very tough (more like what you'd expect to be carved for you at a buffet). I rejected it and gave up. The green beans that go with many of the meals are good. Our waitress was very apologetic but it was too little too late. Suffice to say I will never go back.

1  Thank troyusa0727
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Don't go out for dinner in the 99 degreee heat expecting to get a break from the heat and a good meal. Tonight it felt like 90 degrees inside. Left with back of our neck wetter than our dog just out of the lake.

1  Thank jsorens4