“Featured Speciality burger--"the Sinclair Lewis Cheeseburger"--pre-processed patty”

Palmer House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Sauk Centre
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am currently eating the featured burger at the Palmer House Restaurant, "the Sinclair Lewis Cheeseburger" (named after the MN author from which the town the restaurant/hotel is located), so you would think it would be something special, or at least fresh! It's a pre-processed burger patty. And it tastes like it--not fresh. Sooooo disappointing! My recommendation is not to eat the burgers. I'm sure they have other choices that would be fresher--burgers just are not it. Palmer House, I highly recommend going with real beef patties made fresh or remove this one as your featured item and name some other fresh sandwich after Sinclair. On the plus side the server was nice/attentive and the restaurant has wifi.

There are newer reviews for Palmer House Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food was very good and the staff friendly. I ate breakfast and supper there and they were both very good. I did not have to wait very long to get my food.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is an historic old hotel and the lunch room looked like we were back in the 30's or 40's. We ate lunch and dinner here and we were happy with the service and the food.

1  Thank BandB42
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was a guest at this hotel a few weeks ago and stayed in their most expensive room, and was twice mistreated by their employee, complained to the owner about poor treatment and she wrote me back a nasty email and even lied about my family and I, accusing of of things we never did or took part in. My first impression of the building, as on outside it appears to be a dump, should have caused me to cancel the reservation, and I've learned to always go with my GUT. Palmer House might have a few ghosts lingering there but their customer service frightened us away. I suggest, don't go there. Horrible CUSTOMER SERVICE! -MJ from Twin Cities, MN

3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Had the mucho Nachos, and WOW it was an appetizer that could double as a meal! Took a tour, nice and spooky!