“Great hotel for the price”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites St. Peter
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Saint Peter
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had stayed at this hotel about a year and a half ago, when we took my son to the Vikings training camp. I enjoyed our stay that much that I wanted to stay there again for this trip. Love the breakfast! Will definitely stay here again next time I am back in Mankato.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 30, 2014

As I approached this hotel, situated right off the highway going into St. Peter, I didn't have high expectations for its quality and comfort; it looks a little like an ordinary highway motel. But upon entering, I was greeted with a nice lobby area with vaulted ceiling, breakfast area, TV, sitting area, and fireplace. To the left was a large indoor pool. My room was spacious and very comfortable, with a nice flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee-making amenities. The bathroom was spotless. The desk clerk was very friendly and efficient. My only complaint was that the heating/AC system--a self-contained window unit--made a kind of whining noise in a cycle that was a little annoying when trying to sleep. I was given a room at the top of the stairs to the second floor--avoid this or you'll hear all the noise from the lobby area, including the 5:30 a.m. set-up for breakfast. I didn't have breakfast but it included eggs, an assortment of pastries, English muffins, and the like. (Tip: If you haven't visited this area before, drive up and down the street at the rear of the hotel and check out some of the huge old Victorian houses.)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the top of the stairs from the lobby or you'll hear all the noise from below.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Friendly staff. Needed some last minute Christmas Gifts and the staff even called to make sure a store would be open! We stay here any time we are in the area but not frequently enough to be recognized by the staff so I think they would be helpful to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. The pool area is large with whirlpool and a basketball hoop in the pool. Great for families. The breakfast had a large variety of items and was fresh. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was a great hotel for the value. The room was clean, bed and pillows comfortable, and the breakfast was above average for this type of hotel. The bathroom had shampoo, conditioner and even make-up remover, which I appreciated. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We come to St. Peter at least once a year to visit family, and we have always stayed at this hotel. It is an old facility, but the rooms have always been immaculate. The beds and pillows are good, the showers are very good, and there are plenty of towels. Free breakfasts always have hot food available, and a good variety. The staff is very helpful. Rates are excellent. There is a nice indoor pool.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so ask for a room on the 1st floor if you don't want to haul your luggage...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We will NEVER book a room at this hotel again! Had a BLOCK of 10 rooms for my daughters wedding and we personally booked 3 of the 10 rooms and at check in were told the rooms were on 2 separate floors! The other ppl that booked in OUR block were scattered throughout the hotel. The reason for a "BLOCK" of rooms is so no one disrupts other ppl with excessive noise since everyone in that block is with the wedding party. We were told there was a noise complaint from across the hall so we'd have to leave if they recieved another complaint. I told them thats why we were all suppose to be in one area so this wouldn't happen and the hotel manager started pounding his cane on the floor and said I don't care. Another member of the staff informed us that an employee who worked there needed a block of rooms for that night so they broke up our block of rooms to accomodate this employee AFTER we requested our block. Very rude and poor customer service. Beds however were very comfortable. Maid service was super friendly. Floors were filthy,,,sink cracked...breakfast was cold and very limited..would not recommend this hotel for ANY group bookings!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mankato City Center Hotel
Mankato City Center Hotel
#11 of 16 in Mankato
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mankato

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites St. Peter? Share your experiences!