AmericInn Hotel & Suites St. Peter
Viking Jr. Motel(Saint Peter)
$55
$81
Motel 6 Mankato(Mankato)(Great Value!)
$60
$61
$59
$78
$74
All reviewsbasketball hoopwaffleshot tubsmall hotelcomfortable bedssink areawaffle ironno elevatoroff the highwayearly checkwi fifront desk personchecking inhome away from homeindoor poolmnsauna
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at AmericInn on the winter night of Jan 17th as I was unable to drive due to poor visibility. The front desk lady was very helpful. She made sure I got the best price by asking if I had a AAA membership, which I did. She told me that the breakfast would be ready by 6.00AM. I told her that I would be checking out by 5.00 in the morning. When I checked out at 5.15 in the morning, she let me know that the breakfast was already ready. How thoughtful and helpful towards the guest? The room was very well maintained. No complaints on that front. My stay was just for about 6 hrs that night. I had ordered a large pizza from Domino's (their contact number was in the room) and they charged me $12.81. I am not sure if this is the right price, but their service was good too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have stayed at this property multiple times while visiting family in the area. Front desk service is always friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast selection is decent for a free continental breakfast, with a selection of muffins, cereal, waffles, and a hot item that rotates from day to day. If you are staying in the area around St. Peter, this motel is a good alternative to driving back and forth to Mankato every day.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

After reading the reviews here, I was surprised to find my visit quite disappointing. When we checked in (11 pm after a wedding reception we attended) we were not greeted promptly at the hotel desk, even after "ringing the bell." As we checked in, we were told of their "no pets" policy, yet when we got to the room, it smelled strongly of a pet, we think a cat. In addition, the carpet was filthy with many spots all over. We immediately called the front desk and requested a different room, that this room smelled of a pet. The front desk clerk again stated "well, we have a no pets policy" and then said that she would accommodate with a different room. So we dragged our bags back to the front desk. I told the clerk that the carpets needed a deep shampooing, there seemed to be little reaction. She then gave a different room, stating "we won't charge you extra" which I was floored that she thought that they might have to do so. We had a much larger and comfortable room, comfortable beds. Cracked sink however and poor television reception. The shower curtain had been attached via "scissors cuts" past the curtain c-hooks that were unhemmed, I could not figure out why they had done this. At 7 am we woke to the sound of vacuuming in the hallway, quite amazing for a Saturday morning when you'd think guests would still be asleep. We went for the breakfast; the cups for the OJ were the size of water cooler cups; no fresh fruit besides a small bowl of apples and bananas. The biscuits and gravy had a gravy that tasted of hamburger and cream of mushroom soup--not any kind of "specialty." Refrigerator had store-bought yogurt for the fruit selection. Mostly carbs on the breakfast buffet, no eggs. Waffles were ok. One waffle maker had an "out of order" sign on it, apparently because someone was too lazy to have to clean it after use. Just seemed like the hotel owner was trying to cut corners. As we checked out we walked past other rooms that had filthy carpets as well. I can only assume that guests are continually put in these rooms since they are their least expensive. For the money this was a very poor value, and cannot recommend. For an Americinn, unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for double queen. You'll at least get a room that isn't worn past livable conditions.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank wayfarers43
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had the opportunity to stay at this AmericInn for 3 days/nights for a sad event - a family funeral. Raves to the staff and even the booking process which enabled us to save on our expenses! We truly appreciate their kindness and understanding during this time.
ON THE POSITIVE:
- Breakfast was ready by 5:45a for the early risers and was served till 10a. Generally a good selection of food items yet heavy on the carbs. Some of the fare included biscuits & gravy, breakfast burritoes & bacon, hot/cold cereals, eggs & sausage sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, waffles, pasteries, muffins, juices and tasty coffee.
- Free Morning paper during the week.
- Excellent ice making machine considering how many were using it - it always produced with no trouble. Cold drink and candy vending machines available too.
- Generally, the building was very quiet but the room ac was quite loud and ran almost all the time - great for those who like the 'white noise' or for those who don't (like me), earplugs worked well.
- There is a computer in the foyer area for use and also Wi-Fi in the rooms.
- In room coffee maker, phone (free local calls), flat screen t.v.
- Both Check In (2p or later) and Out (by 11a) were quick & easy.

Unfortunately, the weather was not kind that week and contributed to our review from being 5 STARS...so ON THE DOWNSIDE:
- The room never semed to dry out because of the humidity and our clothes felt damp every time we donned them.
- Housekeeping missed a bandaid on the floor prior to our arrival as well as a few tiny spiders that kept one in our party quite nervous.
- Indoor pool area was quite warm (and humid), which made it a little hard to breathe. One in our party did use the pool and spa a couple of times. An 'Adult only' time is listed as well as supervision of minors required but not really enforced. Also in that room there was a sauna (no one used from our group) and an unusable (broken) pool table. No other exercise room.

Overall, yes, we would stay here again!
Thank you for reading.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

the americinn in saint peter mn
is a great place to stay.
the pool is nice and warm not cold like other places
the hot tub nice and hot
great people that work there. make you feel right at home
great breakfast great coffee with coffeemate creamer
if you need anything they have it. great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2010