“Great service, affordable and friendly staff”

Days Inn ST. Paul-Minneapolis-Midway
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The Days Inn was easy to find. The staff were efficient, accommodating and friendly. The room was large and clean and we were impressed how quiet it was. We took advantage of the newly upgraded hot tub and swimming pool and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 days.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiest room and it was provided.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 23, 2011

The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Our Dinner at the Restaurant was very good.
Our room was very clean.
We had a great time using the pool and the jacuzzi.

Room Tip: We had a very nice poolside room which was very convenient and also close walking distance to the ho...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJSEdenPrairie
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed twice here partially due to price and availability. The hotel is an older one and some rooms are newer than others. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. It is centrally located between Minneapolis and St. Paul downtowns. There are frequent city buses to both downtowns. There are a lot of little local restaurants in the area to eat. The hotel is also a couple of blocks from the St. Paul Amtrak train station. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you a certain distance (I didn't use it so I'm not sure how far). There is an indoor pool and spa tub, both of which were newly renovated. One downside to the area is that street (University Ave) is torn up due to construction of the light rail line for the next year or so (the section right by the hotel). This does add a bit of adventure to driving in the area as some side streets close and open periodically due to the construction. The hotel restaurant is also a local bar so there is often a crowd in there and parking can get tight. (There is specified hotel parking, but I think there is some spillover from the restaurant at times).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Greetings,

What an excellent experience my stay was at the Days Inn. Starting with the Front Desk, making you feel as a special guest. To the hotel staff providing prompt, timely service with a personal touch. Then at the end of the day one relaxes at the spa facility, including a pool, whirlpool and sauna. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Steve

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our group spent a week at the Days Inn in St. Paul Midway. The rooms were very clean and the people working there were friendly and helpful. They went out of there way to help us with directions and even suggested the Como Zoo, which we loved. The pool was clean and the whirlpool was amazing. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This place is in an older area of town. There was construction going on in the front of it for a train system. Once this train system is in place, I think this will be very helpful to get around the area more! But at the time right now, it is kind of annoying.
Check-in was very smooth and fast; I had prepaid through the 20% off deal if you booked 14 days in advance. The hallways of the building make the place seem kind of scary. But once we got to our room, it wasn't that bad. It was outdated, but very clean. The air conditioner worked fabulous for us. The fridge and microwave were nice also.
We went to the bar attached to this hotel. VERY DISAPPOINTING. There were maybe 10 different groups; 3 other groups at tables. We sat there for about 10 minutes waiting to be waited on (there was one girl working this night). She had plenty of time, went to the other 3 tables, then visited with customers at the bar. I happened to make eye contact with her, and she gave me a look like "You need to come up here." We went and got one drink and left right away. This was horrible customer service. I would NOT recommend going there for an evening drink.
We then proceeded to ask the front desk man to ask where another fun place would be to go. He was not helpful at all. We ended up getting a cab and asking him where to go - he was great!
The pool area was nice. Deep pool; which is nice for some laps.
At check out on Sunday, I heard the front desk lady giving good directions of places to eat around the area.
Overall, besides the terrible restaurant service, and the front desk man not really knowing what to do around the area on a Friday night, it was an okay stay!
I would stay there again with others; maybe not by myself.

Room Tip: We booked the non-smoking, 2 double bed room and was very pleased with it. Very clean and non-smelly...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My son and I reserved a room for two nights. When we arrived we found the area in front of the hotel was totally torn up for construction of a new light rail system. Traffic was backed up at all intersections. The area is run down and it did not feel safe to leave our car with all of my son's possessions in the parking lot overnight. The facility does not have an exercise room and the room and lobby area were much darker and run down than their photos indicate. It was so disappointing we forfeited our payment [Expedia] and moved to the Holiday Inn a few miles away. It is hard to believe but at $60 per night we did not feel the facility provided "reasonable value". I wish they had shown accurate photos.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#23 of 52 in Minneapolis
Hotel 340
#3 of 16 in Saint Paul

Been to Days Inn ST. Paul-Minneapolis-Midway? Share your experiences!