“A little dated but a good hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)

Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Burns Ave, I-94 & McKnight, Saint Paul, MN 55119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Saint Paul
“A little dated but a good hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel close to MSP and a decent rate this is a good hotel. It is a little dated and the hotel resturant is just ok but the rate was very good. Close to 3M campus and they do have a hotel shuttle that will take you over to 3M of you have business there.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest's opinion and feedback. We are currently in the process of renovating our exterior and doing some updates to our hotel. I hope you notice the updates the next time you are in the area! We also appreciate your kind words about our shuttle. We take pride in our complimentary shuttle to 3M and a 10 mile radius of our hotel.
Thank you again for your valued feedback, and we hope you stay with us when you are in the area!

Paul H
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Highland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love Holiday Inn's. They are all so comfortable, reasonable, and always clean. It was located a little bit out of downtown St. Paul but was not an in convienence. I really wish Holiday Inn's were serve breakfast like the Holiday Inn Express' but they must have their reasons. I would stay here again as the price was right for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and the Holiday Inn brand. We strive to give the best possible service, and I am greatful that you enjoyed your experience. For breakfast, all of our Holiday Inn hotels have restaurants that serve breakfast, and Holiday Inn Express has a complimentary hot breakfast. Although, we do provide breakfast to our Gold and Platinum IHG Rewards Members during the weekdays.
Once again, thank you very much for your kind comments. i will be sharing your comments with our staff, and they will be thrilled that you were happy with your stay with us.

Paul H.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just had the worst breakfast experience I have had at a Holiday Inn hotel. Went down @ 7:45am for the "free" breakfast buffet. When I entered there were NO tables clean of the apparent 30+. They told me when I entered that they were cleaning. I took a plate and put some of the food on it. There was STILL no place to sit, nothing to eat with, no glasses, cuts, drinks, or people in sight. I had to go into the kitchen hallway to try and find someone. One bite of the cold food was the final straw. When the front desk was informed, they said sorry and continued to work on. Better to plan on poor breakfast or go out to Breunners a few blocks away. So much for being a Gold Member.

Room Tip: Eat at a real restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DasMole57
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your feedback for our hotel. I deeply appologize for your underwhelming experience at our restaurant for breakfast. Our restaurant was just done serving a large group, and I am very sorry that we were not prepared for your breakfast experience. As a Gold Priority Club member, we want to make sure that your experience at our property is the best possible. If you could email me at pheuer@holidaymn.com and give me more information, I would like to try to make this right for you. Also, if you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me at that email address. Comments like yours help us improve as a hotel, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Paul H.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Paul hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and had a wonderful experience. Meg the front desk/driver was an absolute gem! From check in to check out this stay could not have been better. The shuttle to downtown was punctual and easy to access. They provided a spotless room with great recommendations to nearby restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meg N
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Meg N,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comment for our hotel. We strive to deliver the best service possible, and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience. Your kind comments have been shared with Meg, our shuttle staff, and also our housekeeping staff. They all enjoy hearing the great comments that you have shared. If you are ever in the area, we will love to have you back at our hotel!

Paul Heuer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Was a bit taken back when I saw a yippie dog come off the elevator on my way up to my room, thankfully I was on a different floor. The room cleaning was not complete by 4 pm, so upon return I was surprised on the second day.

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and the shuttle to and from the Excel was nice. Overall it was decent, not the best HI I have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Compsolut,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bloomington Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For 12 years I have worked with Holiday Inn East in St Paul for our convention. We have tackled everything from remodeling to parking problems in the last 12 years and they have always bent over backwards to make our visit a success. They even contacted a neighbor for get access to extra parking for us. If your looking for a location for an event and you want to work with great people. You've found your place

Kelly
Operations
Con of the North

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Copper Country, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have good experiences with this hotel in the past, but I won't stay here any longer. It was convenient to where I had to go, but I'm willing to drive a little bit more now to avoid this place. This hotel is past it's prime and management doesn't care about it any longer. My main reason why I'm not coming back here is that housekeeping of the common areas is atrocious! A glass, left in the hall by my door, sat there for 3 days. Dirty dishes were left in another hallway for 4 days. Not a single staff member bothered to pick these up? On the morning I left there was garbage strewn about the lobby in full view of the desk person and the sidewalk in front of the front doors had garbage about. What a pigsty.

I understand that these minimum wage workers don't care how the hotel looks, but you'd think management might?

Apparently not.

Room Tip: Here's a tip....choose a room someplace else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lungfruit
Steve L, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Lungfruit,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback as a management team as it allows us to improve our hotel and refine our operations moving forward.

I would like to apologize for the public spaces and areas just outside your room not being cleaned promptly throughout your stay with us. I will share your comments with the appropriate managers so we can address the situations. Regardless of business or leisure travel, we expect that all our guests receive prompt and courteous service.

Steve - GM
Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown
#6 of 18 in Saint Paul
3.5 of 5 stars 275 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square

Been to Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)? Share your experiences!