“Solid Supper Club”

Gordy's Steakhouse
Ranked #157 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We love the "Supper Club" feel. We been a few times and have enjoyed each time. Steaks are fab, atmosphere wonderful with one HUGE exception....the music piped in was horrid and did not match the venue at all. When I mentioned it to our waiter he said, it's the number one most common thing people say to him daily. That he has repeatedly told the owner who in turns says, "it's my place...my music." Hey owner...you are NOT listening to your customers. The 70's-80's radio music piped into your wonderful restaurant makes it less wonderful indeed. Why don't you change it so your CUSTOMERS can enjoy it instead of you?

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stopped on in for dinner with the family! Meal was wonderful. To eyes are top quality. Grouper was great. Eve was a great visitor and Gordy was very polite and gracious.

Always looking forward to the food.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to Gordy's on a Saturday night and asked to be seated in a booth. It was extremely tight so we asked to be moved to a table. They put us in a room where there was obviously a private party going on and, sure enough, the owner/hostess (?) came over and said there had been a mistake and would we be willing to move again. For our trouble, she paid for our appetizer so that was fine with us! I had the coconut shrimp, my husband had the prime rib and my son had walleye. The food was fine but nothing so remarkable that it absolutely stands out. Our appetizer was crab cakes which my husband (who is kind of a crab cake snob) said was *not* Maryland style. The servings were extremely generous.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Service was friendly and attentive. We had prime rib(tough), salmon (tasted funny), and strip steak (ok). Won't go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Over the course of many years, our group of friends have found it convenient to gather at Gordy's for happy hour. Last Friday we all met there again and it will be LAST time we gather at Gordy's! The owner and hostess is Eve and she is CONSISTENTLY RUDE and hoverS around us like a helicopter mom. She makes rude comments and interrupts our conversations. She moves our group from the bar to a booth and then as the hour progresses, asks us to leave the booth. Our happy hour is usually ruined and everyone leaves unhappy.

It will be the last time I ask our group to meet and spend money at Gordy's.

3  Thank MCGRJG