The Saint Paul Hotel
Hotel 340(Saint Paul)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewsrice parkhigh team streetambassador suitehistoric hotelaveda toiletriesthe grilllandmark centervalet parkinglovely old hotellobby barturn down serviceold world charmtwin citiesthe lower levelroom serviceold school
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Stayed here fora new year's wedding. Lobby was truly beautiful. Wish I had time to do the afternoon tea there. Sometimes inthe evenings there was live music. Our room was very spacious, we were a bit chilly but found blankets- they are hidden in the bottom of the armoire. One issue was that I thought the reception staff could have been a bit more attentive when my husband left his wallet in a cab. They called the taxi company, but then sort of ignored us. (all ended well. The cab company called US to bring the wallet back. Yay sunshine cab co.)

Also, the bar connected to the St. Paul grill was very modern and fun, and stayed open late just for our party.

My favorite part were the comfy white robes. The hotel was very quiet, I thought I was at a spa. Well. Done, St. Paul Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank luxurylady99
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This hotel was both classy and comfortable. The building was beautiful. I could not fault a single thing. From the tasteful decor, helpful staff, Aveda toiletries (such a treat) to the wonderful food and service every evening for dinner. Thank you for an enjoyable and memorable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The staff at the St. Paul Hotel is as good as it gets. Really tremendous folks who went out of their way to be kind and helpful to me, my family, and my extended family during our weekend visit for my niece's wedding. Fantastically helpful and courteous throughout.

My family of five asked for and were given connecting rooms. Worked out great. Rooms were excellent with two exceptions. The heat was unrelenting. Strange, given that it was snowing outside, but the heating system was either all the way on or all the way off. There was no comfortable middle ground. At one point, I had to open a window (at 35 degrees outside) to cool down our room. Not great, but also not too surprising in an older building. And, altogether livable.

Second, I cannot imagine why any hotel thinks that the revenue stream from pay-for-internet access is enough to offset the annoyance that travelers feel. As my kids said, "McDonald's has free wi-fi, why not this fancy, schmancy hotel?" Good question. Do wjhat Kimpton does -- make me sign up for your (free) loyalty program to get free internet. Takes two minutes and you get a happy customer who has left you an (internet browser) cookie.

These quibbles aside, however, I must say it was a great weekend's stay at a fine hotel. The food in the restaurants was good and not exorbitantly priced by urban hotel standards. The room was comfortable (other than a few moments with the heater), and the beds were great. The rooms were great to sleep in -- the curtains kept them very dark.

All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I travel for business to the Twin Cities often and I love to stay at the Saint Paul Hotel. It is close to everything and the staff are very personable and make my stay very pleasureable. I also love the decor and richness of this old hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Lovely room, excellent service! We requested and received the NY Times and the WSJ each morning. A coffee maker was provided although it's not standard. Room service was prompt and (for room service) reasonable. The valet car service couldn't be better. We hadn't stayed at the hotel for four years and we were most impressed by the improvements in decor and service.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple