All reviews rice park the grill high tea m street historic hotel aveda products landmark center lobby bar valet parking the lower level twin cities old world charm room service old school rooms are comfortable winter carnival fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2017

My husband and I attended a concert at the Excel Energy Center and we wanted to be close enough to walk and get back to the hotel quickly if I had troubles with an ongoing ailment. We used the valet parking and that went smooth as did check in. Our room on the 7th floor looking out over the park was very clean and so comfortable. I was tempted to skip the concert and lay in the bed, and I have a very cozy bed at home. Hotels take a person mentally away from the every day grind and this hotel certainly does that. The decor was unusual with drawings of the building from it's early days but I enjoyed looking at them rather than some woodland or beach scene.(Like every chain hotel and motel) I felt very cosmopolitan for the evening. And I am a very rural girl. I did not find one stray hair in the bathroom and all the edges of the carpeting were clean without the usual edges of dust at other places. I found the choices of the mini bar to be tempting though our budget didn't allow for them. The coffee maker was nice though I wish for two people staying you would allot for two cups each without an extra fee. We didn't make use of the restaurants or room service so I can't comment on that. I was sure I would want room service in the middle of the night, but the bed was truly so comfy I didn't stay awake to get hungry. We will certainly stay here again when we have/or make an opportunity. I loved the lobby.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CEE1912
Brian S, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Hello Charlene
Thank you for your comments. I took great pleasure sending them to the rest of the team. The Housekeeping department takes great pride in preparing the guest room. There is a big concert schedule on the horizon. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

From check-in to check-out we had a very good experience at the St. Paul Hotel. The staff was exceptionally nice and and friendly; the front desk was responsive and friendly and the bar/restaurants had great food and made us feel like old friends.

We were there for three nights. We upgraded to a corner room, with two windows and a seating area and it was worth it. I had to work 'from home' one of the days we were there and the extra space and views of St Paul made it easier. The decor isn't necessarily my style, but it was all very comfortable and clean.

When we were running late to an event a few blocks away, the bell person gave us a ride. We tipped the driver but the ride was complimentary.

The location was easy and convenient to several attractions and restaurants. We used the city bikes in the park across the street from the hotel to explore a little bit. Tip - on the weekends, the business district is very quite, so make sure you get pointed in the right direction otherwise you'll think you're in a ghost town.

When we checked-out we made a reservation to come back in six months. We would recommend the hotel for the staff, location, amenities, and nice room.

Room tip: Go for the upgrade to a corner room!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Brian S, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time and sharing with the world your memorable experience at The Saint Paul Hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. Looks like you will be returning soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Very pleased with the Saint Paul Hotel! Charming, historical property with First Class Service! We booked an Ambassador Suite and had a lovely view of Rice Park, the Landmark Center and the St. Paul Cathedral. The staff was very nice and professional! The Lobby Bar was a great start to our first evening there followed by a delicious dinner in the St. Paul Grill.

Room tip: Highly recommend the Ambassador Suite. We were on the 8th floor and it felt very quiet and private!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Brian S, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Hi Becky
We are so pleased you enjoyed our authentic hospitality. We look forward to serving you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

I stayed here for work this weekend and everything was excellent. The staff was friendly, the food was excellent, the room was comfortable. We walked to dinner every night and there are many places that are only a few blocks away. They have a free van to shuttle you around if needed. Comfortable and quiet.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi Mike
Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

We didn't have to travel far from our northwest Twin Cities suburb to have a romantic get away at the St. Paul Hotel. Built in the early 1900's, the beauty and history of this amazing hotel send you to a different time. The staff and service are exceptional. The St. Paul Grill and M St Cafe inside the hotel are excellent - no need to go anywhere else for delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Rice Park and the Ordway directly across the street made the experience complete.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Great food and great service! It was our pleasure to make your romantic get away a memorable one.