“Beautiful Hotel - Worth every penny!”

The Saint Paul Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We are so happy to have stayed at the St. Paul hotel the last night of our visit. The lobby is absolutely beautiful and the bar is nice. My friend who lives around the area recommends the hot chocolate. When we checked in, we were offered a suite upgrade for only $30 more, totally worth it! The bed was ultra comfortable, a nice little living room and the bathroom was clean and up-to-date. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mandymeadows

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our stay at the St. Paul was part of a birthday surprise for my wife. I sought a venue that offered both a sophisticated urban experience as well as the chance to be left alone and simply relax. The St. Paul fit the bill perfectly. Every staff member we met, from the valet parking attendant through the Bell Captain and front desk personnel, to the servers in multiple food and drink venues, was truly outstanding in his/her manner and competence. My wife and I both remarked that the level of service was comparable to that on a Cunard transatlantic cruise, which is high praise. The room was large and well suited to our needs, with tasteful traditional design. The entire building is elegant without excess pretension. Two tiers of web service are available, the free was fine for email, news sites, etc. The high speed option, apparently more appropriate for heavy streaming, is $12.95 per day. One complaint: be wary of the bottled water in the room, outside the minibar itself. There is no indication of a price on these bottles themselves, but upon checkout we were charged $5 for the one we opened.

Room Tip: During the dark days of winter, try to get a room overlooking Rice Park. The lights on the park'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChelvisGeo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Spending several days at the St. Paul Hotel is always a pleasure.
Rooms are comfortable and well-appointed...what a pleasure to have a magnifying mirror in the lavatory. The staff is warm and welcoming. There is a well-equipped business center with complimentary Wi-Fi. We ate in two hotel restaurants, and both food and service were outstanding in each. Shuttle service to the airport was convenient and fast. This is a great old-fashioned hospitality hotel. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Probably a good idea to request a floor with no wedding parties in residence!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank frequentravelor
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I used to stay at the St Paul Hotel frequently but I hadn't for a few years until last week. The place hasn't slipped at all. It is still the elegant and genteel old world place that it has always been. The service is impeccable everywhere from the valet parking desk to the front office. You will be properly addressed, the doors will be opened for you, they will do all they can to make things right at the St Paul. The rooms are clean, elegant and yet modern. The beds are fantastically comfortable and the place very quiet too. There is nothing that I can add but it is a great elegant experience at the St Paul. For events in downtown St Paul and the Ordway, this is the very best. There are also many good restaurants within walking distance offering from sports bar, microbrew to ethnic and elegant. The hotel also has two restaurants. The Grill is one of the finest place downtown. You will be happy to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kawidd
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is one of those that brings back an earlier time without losing any of today's comfort and terrific customer service. I love staying here and wish I had a reason to return often. The rooms are extremely comfortable although I did have a loud couple next door and the connecting door wasn't thick enough to keep out the noise of the television or their talking. But, that was a small thing compared to the enjoyment I get out of staying here. One of the helpful services they provide is a complimentary ride to places within a certain area of St. Paul, but I've always been able to take advantage of that. This is an elegant hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone making a trip to St. Paul.

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the park. This way to see the lovely little lights in the trees as well...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed November 15, 2012

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel in my eyes, you have found it with the St. Paul Hotel. Everything was perfect. Our room was beautiful, the service was excellent, and the restaurants were wonderful. Any request we had was fulfilled quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed one night as part of a package with the American Queen Steamboat Co. The hotel is understated elegance with professional service. Our room 426 was on a corner that overlooked the park. The room was comfortable and appeared to be newly decorated. The bed was super comfortable, but since I am short, I needed to stand on the end of the bed frame in order to get in the bed! No biggy.

The hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to many restaurants. I wouldn't recommend Trattoria da Vinci though.

We'd stay at the Saint Paul hotel again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple