“disappointed”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Oh, United States
“disappointed”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

upon checking in there was an extensive line of guests. I waited over 20 minutes for the opportunity to check in and obtain a key. Once I made my way to my room there was a significant amount of renovation in process which was not advertised. The room was dated. The air conditioning was not working well so the room was stuffy. The only reason I would consider staying there again was its proximity to the Golden Rule and Securian buildings.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that our renovations caused an inconvenience while staying with us. Renovations will be completed in a few weeks. Thank you again for sharing.
Brian Schmechel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had to travel to St. Paul for business, actually had to go last year too. So this hotel is located right in downtown St. Paul and close to everything via the skywalk. they had construction going on in the lobby, hopefully once it's done it will be nicer. The gym was ok, had a few machines which i was able to use. The rooms are clean and housekeeping is good too. I was on the 17th floor and it's odd because that floor is not for Hilton Honors people but the floors beneath us were. We were a group of 15, we had suites on the 17th floor but again not Hilton Honors, i had to call down to ask for some water, and all the people on the floor beneath us were getting free water and other benefits. If you HAVE to go to St. Paul, it's one of your better choices.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and housekeeping staff. We work very hard to accommodate all our HHonors members on the HHonors floors. In fact we just added another floor or 20 more rooms! At times we do run out of rooms for our members; however you should have still received complimentary water upon check-in. I will be sure to discuss this with our front desk team. We hope to see you again soon. Our renovations are almost complete.
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is in a great location in downtown St. Paul. Once the lobby is updated and construction is finished, the hotel will be even better. The service here is always excellent, and the rooms are very clean and confortable with all the expected amenities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you Meghan!
We are so pleased to hear that your were completely satisfied with your stay. Wait until you see the new look in a few weeks.
Ames, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Everything was fine with the room -- normal hotel with nice staff, a passable fitness center, the tasty cookie, and a really comfy bed. Unfortunately I purchased a pantry item which gave them my debit card number. When I next looked at my statement I discovered that an extra $10 had been charged for a day after I left. I called and they said they would "look into it," and call me back. The charge was reversed (they had been found out) but no one called to explain or apologize. I'm sure they count on people not checking or bothering to call about $10. Nice way to line pockets.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We apologize for the billing discrepancy you encountered and appreciate that you brought the issue to our attention. We assure you that our staff is held to very high integrity and values. We're glad we were able to rectify and clarify the situation but regret our delay in following up.
By now someone has followed up with you. I have also sent you an e-mail. Please let me know if you still feel the same way. We want you to be completely satisfied.
Brian Schmechel, General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a great experience due to the amazing front desk employees. The first floor is under construction, but tolerable. Parking was easy and checkout flawless. The grill provided a wide variety of American fare. There is something for everyone. The Sunday morning buffet was a bargain with juice and coffee included.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hi Alda
Thank you for the wonderful comments on the staff. We work very hard to make sure all our guests have an enjoyable experience.
Mosinee, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The beds were comfortable. Check-in was easy, but the staff didn't recognize my HH membership. The check-in cookie was warm and good. The hotel room was quiet and I could control the temperature. However, I received a wake-up call I didn't request and the staff didn't say anything, plus the parking I paid for was only good until 4:00 pm on the day of check-out, which would have been okay if anyone would have bothered to explain that. The bathroom was clean and had a large vanity.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I like this hotel, but their bath rooms need to be cleaned a little better, specially the bath tubs. Also, wish they include breakfast. Maybe increase the rate a bit and include breakfast. The beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly, that is why I keep going back!.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello Lina
Thank you for your comments. I did meet with the Executive Housekeeper about your bathroom and we will both address it. We were glad to hear everything else was to your satisfaction. See you again soon.