It pains me to say that I would not stay here again. The staff is wonderful and more than helpful, the cookie upon checking in delicious and definitely hit the spot, was provided with toiletries that I left at home on accident. But that is really where it ends.
Upon arriving, really wasn't sure where to go. Just figured I should pull in where the sign said registration but the circle drive was loaded with cars of others checking in. After waiting for a spot and checking in, I was informed there was a $15 fee for parking. This really isn't a huge deal but it would have been much better if this was explained while booking. Especially for corporate travel where I am required to stay within a specific budget for all of my expenses for the day.
Checking in was easy and again, the staff was great. I was put on Hilton Honors floor and thought the extras (bottled water, additional toiletries) were really nice. Had an issues with my heater making a really loud clicking noise every few minutes. Called customer care and an engineer was sent up immediately. Really quick response time and after spending about a half hour investigating and attempting to correct, the engineer contacted front desk to have my room moved. I was told no HHonors rooms were available and I would have to switch to room on lower floor which I agreed. I was moved to the ninth floor.
Waking up the next morning to a room that was 65 degrees was not what I expected. I set the thermostat to 73 thinking maybe I didn't have it up high enough and it would have plenty of time to warm up while I was at work. Unfortunately, I returned back after work to a room still at 65. Again, notified front desk and engineer came right up. Just after being informed of the issues and turning heat off, then back on, the engineer was called to another room. He did say something about making sure something was turned on but quickly left. After about a half hour of sitting in the chill, I called the front desk to find out what was going on (was the issue fixed?, was the engineer coming back?) and was told it should be fixed but they would send him back up if I wanted. After coming back up I was offered a space heater. The heater did help to make it reasonable to sleep but it was by no means "warm". I wasn't really offered any sort of apology. The staff was quick to notify and send up an engineer, but no one apologized for the inconvenience that I experienced with not having a comfortable room during my stay in January.
Overall, I think the staff was great and I enjoyed the little extras but I wouldn't stay here again because what was NEEDED to be comfortable was not provided. There are better hotels in the same price range that would provide the basics like warmth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown offers guests comfortable accommodations in a convenient location in the heart of St. Paul’s entertainment and business district and skyway connected to many state, federal and corporate offices as well as great shopping and dining outlets. Each guest room in our St. Paul hotel includes a microwave and refrigerator for you convenience plus complimentary wireless for you to stay connected while away. Relax in the indoor heated pool or keep up with your exercise routine in the modern fitness center. Check out nearby attractions like the top-rated Minnesota Children’s Museum or Minnesota Science Museum. Visit us and enjoy The DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown and a memorable trip to the Twin Cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel Saint Paul
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Paul
- Hilton Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Hilton