“Very satified customers, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 St Paul I-94

Motel 6 St Paul I-94
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very satified customers, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have been guests at the Super 8 for several years, it was previosly Excel Inn. In the last few years we have witnessed a decline in standards under different managers, rooms not clean more homeless people than guests living there very noisy and constant visits from the police. In view of this we had decided not to come back to the Super 8, however we found out that Julio had been promoted to manager and we came back again in September 2012, what a difference the place is much cleaner, staff very helpful and pleasant but most of all the difference in the clientele.
We don't feel a Motel is the most suitable place to house homeless people, this is no reflection on the people themselves. It is so sad that these families find themselves homeless.
So thanks to Julio for the improvements, keep up the good work and we hope to be back to see you in September 2013.

Catherine & Margaret from Scotland

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JanusHotels, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and are looking forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bloomer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was a great value & great location, for my work. The bed (double) was too small for the two of us. Otherwise, we would definitely stay there again! I believe we've been there 2-3 times. I love the fact that they have smoking rooms. When I'm out of town, I do not like having to go outside by myself to smoke.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank yuo very much for your feedback and please know it will be used to better our customer experience.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow. It was awful. We stayed at this hotel for a concert, and the hotel stay ruined the weekend. It took 40 minutes of standing in line to check in. They were "overbooked" on double rooms and were turning people away that had guaranteed with a credit card hold. Thankfully, I had a single room and my reservation did not get lost from an overbooking. After we FINALLY got a room key we took a creepy elevator ride. The lighting was spooky. The elevator door opened to a reveal a dangerous looking man with some type of lizard on his shoulder. We reacted with surprise and the man just chuckled. Upon entrace to the room, we found a beer bottle in the corner of the room and a very musty smell. The tv did not work. The air conditioner (or any ventilation) did not work. Sink did not drain AT ALL even over night. The first thing I did was inspect for bedbugs: no sign. However, the mattres was stained all over and the bedding was repulsive. At first I thought the sheets had not been changed as they were extremely wrinkled and stunk. When I asked for a clean set of sheets I was given a ball of sheets that were equally stained and smelly, except these came from the linnen closet. Sleep quality was poor. Thin walls and rowdy people do not mix, especially when I had no tv or fan to drown out the noise. Do not expect breakfast from this hotel. They do not restock anything. I was there 1.5 hours before the end of breakfast time and the ONLY thing left was juice from the machine. Not even a piece of bread. With all of these negatives being said, the staff were nice and polite. The girl checking in and helping the 40 minute wait line was working alone and did well with the complaints and pressure. I won't be coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We apoligize for your less than satisfatory stay. Please know that we have taken steps to resolve issues and your feedback will be used to better our guest experience!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed here for a little over two months and have had no problems at all. The staff are frendly the hotel is quiet the rooms are what you would expect form a super 8 I would recommend this hotel to anyone dont let the bad reviews scare you away..

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JanusHotels, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are pleased your stay was a very pleasant one. Thank you for choosing Super 8 and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Paul
#3 of 16 in Saint Paul
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East

Been to Motel 6 St Paul I-94? Share your experiences!