“NEVER AGAIN!”

Motel 6 St Paul I-94
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Reviewed September 20, 2012

When all guests staying at a motel are asked to leave a copy of their photo ID at check-in (for when the police come), you know you should run a mile!! Unfortunatley we didn't! We got to experience a smelly, disgusting, grotty motel. The hole in the rooms wall was a nice touch too. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
JanusHotels, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We have taken measures to keep the safety and security of our guests at the highest level. The maintenance and cleanliness of our property will and has improved. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We understand that motels are hit and miss on a long trip -- but this joint was the worst. The usual good quality and value of the Super 8 chain skipped this place. Out of order elevators -- inop computer -- stale breakfast food -- and a room that was NOT cleaned before put into inventory. This resulted in massive series of bedbug bites. The manager tried to make it right but the ddamage was already done. Out of control kids running helter-skelter till midnite. What a nightmare.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

New management has taken over property and has resolved issues thanks to the guest feedback. Thank You!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wow sums up my experience at this hotel. Hookers and drug users can be found in hallways. Speaking of the hallways they smell of smoke, body odour and general filth. The room (non-smoking room) was full of cigarete burns, had two ashtrays and smelled of stale smoke and booze. The fire alarm went off on my first night and I had to call the front desk to inform them. They said it was likely just some kids "screwing around" and would shut it of. Five minutes later it shut off. And the best part...I got attacked by bed bugs. I mean really attacked, hundreds of bits, feet so swollen I could not were shoes. And the funny part was the bed was so filthy that I slept on top of the covers and they still got me. DO NOT STAY HERE...sleep on the streets it is likely safer, smells better and has fewer hookers and drug addicts.

Room Tip: Don't stay so here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael P
JanusHotels, Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

New Management has taken over and have worked hard to resolve issues. I invite you to stay with us again and see the differfence!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

When first arriving, no fewer than 5 cops were already in front of the hotel. It could easily be mistaken for a jailhouse. The majority of customers looked like drug users. When we got to our room, the room reeked of urine and was musty. The room was a complete turn off, and the environment felt very unsafe. The desk clerk was beyond rude, and when we were unsatisfied with our room and refused to stay, he would not give us a refund. We are currently in the process of trying to drop the charge and refund our money. Refusing to stay there another minute, we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Eagen, MN. The Holiday Inn was clearly up to standards and was a much more welcoming stay. I advise that anyone who is thinking about staying at this hotel, to instead go the the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

New management has taken over property and is working hard to resolve issues, Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

After dropping our daughter off at UM, we stayed at this Super 8. We were told that the room had a king bed, but I realized after my husband and I went to bed this was only a double. The TV in the room had "snow" on every channel and we had to ask maintenance to fix the TV the next morning since it would not turn on at all. For being a nonsmoking room, it smelled of smoke

This hotel gave me an uneasy feeling staying for the night and I can see why after I've read the reviews of the other travelers. Sometimes the cheapest price is not always the best reason to book a hotel room. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

New Management has taken over property and has worked hard to resolve issues, Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place is filthy. It is advertised as "newly remodeled". I did not see anything "new" or "remodeled". I swear the comforter on the bed smelled vaguely of urine. When my husband and I were leaving to go find a place to eat supper, we passed a masseuse coming into the motel. The same people were always hanging around outside in the parking lot. There is no coffee, or any other extras, in the room. In the morning, I went down to the complementary breakfast area and there were three empty coffee pots. I had to ask for coffee and then wait for it to brew, while two gentlemen stood behind the front desk. There were two bagels in the bin and no Danish. No one was restocking the breakfast room. Do not stay here! There are other options in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

New management has taken over and has worked hard to resolve issues. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were travelling and checked into the hotel because it was reasonably priced. We got into our room that had bedding covered in Cigarette burns, stained carpet and the bed was not made. We went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The sheets were stained.

They gave us another room, but the hallway on that floor smelled awful- of body odour and unclean smell. We entered the room and it smelled like glue- contact cement. Due to my husband's asthma, we had to leave immediately. We checked out within minutes of checking in. It was gross.

The Hotels.com booklet said that this hotel was newly renovated. There is no way. It was dirty. It smelled. The clientele was dodgey and the two times in the ten minutes I was there that I needed to get the front desk clerk I had to go get her at the front door where she stood smoking.

DISGUSTING!

This place should be shut down.

Room Tip: Do not even stop there is a wonderful Days Inn just down the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hyatt Place St Paul / Downtown
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East

Been to Motel 6 St Paul I-94? Share your experiences!