This was my 2nd stay at this Embassy Suites. The first being almost a year ago for the VanHalen concert. I was satisfied then,so decided to return here for the Pink Concert. Big mistake! We arrived approx. 5:30 pm and both parking lots were full. We were told we had to park 3 blocks away in a parking garage on 7th.(which btw, there are 2 7th Streets and both have parking garages. It was very cold and a long walk. We got into the hotel and waited over 20 minutes to check in, and another 10 minutes for the elevator to take us up one level. No stairs in sight!! Upon entering our room, we were surprised to have a sauna for a room! The heat was untollerable! We were on the 2nd floor with no opening windows. Not only was our room hotter than an oven, it reaked of smoke and was a non-smoking room. Even the pillows smelled of smoke. I'd say an employee decided to take a break in this room! In the morning, we went down to the front desk and asked about a parking credit-not a chance. I was stuck with a $10 parking charge. I also expressed my dissatisfaction of our room, and again-nothing. On a positive note, loved the shuttle to the Xcel-if you're lucky enough to find your bus after the concert. The breakfast looked acceptable, and the lobby was safe, as we left our bags unattended-front desk was aware of them, and walked 3 blocks in 10* weather. I would stay again, given an early arrival-to avoid the parking garage, and I should have complained more of the smokey room and maybe gotten a different room-once again--early arrival is the key! This hotel needs more parking, vallet for those who have to park 3 blocks away! The new construction going on was tolerable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown hotel conveniently located in the heart of the Twin Cities is just blocks from the Xcel Energy Center, the Science Museum of Minnesota and Minnesota Children's Museum. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale hotel is just minutes from many Saint Paul, MN attractions making our downtown St. Paul hotel the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests of the Embassy Suites St. Paul Downtown hotel stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary evening reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. Our on-site restaurant, Cork's Pub, provides a casual venue for enjoying dinner, catching a game on TV or simply having a drink to unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Embassy Suites