“a Place you don't want to be!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Waldböckelheim
“a Place you don't want to be!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hi all
I'm staying here as of an business trip and the Embassy suites is a place you don't want to be.
I have attached pictures of the bath room/ toilet and this is disgusting.
The hotel is old and the rooms haven’t been updated at all – except some flat screens, but in general this is a place you don’t want to spent a night at all
I have cleaned the floor in the bathroom several times – see attached pictures – and the way the toilet paper looked like after wiping the floor is just a no go!
I’m staying here as the room has been booked by the company.

Do not book this hotel at all!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your bathroom was of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience both good and bad as this is the only way we can contnue to improve. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area. I look forward to earning back your business as well as your loyalty to the Brand.

Charles Goldberg
Embassy Suites Saint Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed there for a family function, and unless I have to will not return. Rooms very dirty, brown stain on pull out couch sheets...humm gross!!!!! Old food in the fridge left from previous guest.....nasty! Toilet paper roll only had a few squares left, but it was folded in a triangle to be "fancy" with no other rolls in sight. Bathroom had one lotion, no shampoo, soap, conditioner, one towel that s it! Stayed on the 8th floor, so hot it was dificult to breath if you were walking to elevator, which was very slow. Breakfast was disgusting.....Half cooked french toast that was wet. I ended up getting the stomach flu the next day, which makes me wonder if it was food poisoning or just unclean rooms? The only thing saving this hotel was the nice staff and cool atrium....

Room Tip: Do not stay on the higher floors, unless you want to feel like you are staying in a sauna...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Charles Goldberg

#8 of 16 in Saint Paul
The Saint Paul Hotel
The Saint Paul Hotel
#3 of 16 in Saint Paul

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown
Address: 175 10th St E, Saint Paul, MN 55101-2352
Location: United States > Minnesota > Saint Paul
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Saint Paul
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown 3.5*
The Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown hotel conveniently located in the heart of the Twin Cities is just blocks from the Xcel Energy Center, the Science Museum of Minnesota and Minnesota Children's Museum. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale hotel is just minutes from many Saint Paul, MN attractions making our downtown St. Paul hotel the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests of the Embassy Suites St. Paul Downtown hotel stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary evening reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. Our on-site restaurant, Cork's Pub, provides a casual venue for enjoying dinner, catching a game on TV or simply having a drink to unwind. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Saint Paul Embassy Suites