All reviewsirish pubxcel energy centergreat locationwild gameattending an eventroom was cleanparking ramphigher floorhockey gameearly checkwithin milesbusiness tripshuttle servicehot tubfitness centerfree shuttleliffey
Reviewed January 24, 2006

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn River Centre for 4 days during a business trip. I was very concerned after reading the earlier reviews of this hotel. I found my experience to be 100% opposite. The front desk staff was more than friendly and helpful. I never went by without a personal question or remark about my stay. The room was clean and large enough (it's a hotel room not a suite). The maid service was above par. When my party asked about getting a taxi to a meeting, the front desk offered the use of their shuttle. I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation. Also, the Liffey Irish Pub has very good food and service.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank RabyFamily
Reviewed January 9, 2006

The location downtown may be good,
but it is the only thing.

You have to pay $13.00 per day extra to park,
in their ramp and then walk into the hotel.

The entire property is lacking of any decor.

Rooms are very small, ours overlooked the parking
ramp, and the bathroom is tiny. Double beds not queen.

We stayed three days in a row and on the second
day housekeeping never showed, I had to call
for toliet paper and towels.

Our door would not lock, so we had
to wait for maintence to come, or leave our
room unlocked while we were gone.

Hotel staff was present but did nothing.
Night clerk was lounging in the chair,
reading a book.

Ice machine on our floor never worked.

When you spoke to the staff their standard
answer was "oh sorry" but they seemed to
say it so often it was a joke.

Rooms were not overly clean, could stand some work,
also not very updated.

For the price, I feel we could have stayed
somewhere much better.

5  Thank MelanieB605
Reviewed October 3, 2005

It's true that the staff are very friendly and the hotel is clean, but I expect that from any hotel. I also had a reasonable rate. The location is also convenient to the River Center, which is directly across the street, if you're planning on attending an event there. However, I'd suggest that if you stay at this hotel, request a room that does not face 7th, because it is noisy on that side well into the early AM. The bars stay open until 2AM, and there is one in this hotel, and one directly across the street. These are the primary sources of street noise, along with loud cars, motorcycles, and sirens (there's a hospital a couple blocks away). There are also very few restaurants within walking distance. So, it's OK for the price, and convenient to River Center, and I would stay again for that reason, but it's nothing to rave about. "Okay, but some problems" I think describes it fairly.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank baileyt2
Reviewed August 22, 2005

I had read the great reviews on Trip Advisor about this location and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. My 20 year old daughter and I attended a wedding and reception in St. Paul. The location proved to be convenient to both events and easy access to I-94. When I made my reservation I joined Holiday Inn's Priority Club. They accommodated my request for an early check-in and I was pleasantly surprised to find my room on a floor only for Priority Club members. My daughter tours as a professional dancer, has lived in hotels all over North America for the last 3 years, was so pleased with our room she had to call one of her fellow dancers to rave about the fabulous room we had! Clean, spacious, a great view, a mini fridge and a wonderful in-house restaurant. During our stay a staff member called to make sure all our needs were being met. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank Guinness5
Reviewed July 9, 2005

We stayed at this hotel while going to St Paul for an event at the Xcel Energy Center. The location couldn't have been more perfect, and everything else about the hotel was icing on the cake! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the hotel was impeccably cleaned. The room was small, but very very attractive and clean. The pool was also small, but we had it all to ourselves every time we used it.

• Stayed: July 2005