I have been doing contract work with the Science Museum of Minnesota for over the course of a year and made five trips to the twin cities, three of which I stayed at this hotel. It's at a perfect location to go anywhere and the staff is outstanding; I do want to especially mention Evan, Rachel & Tim from the from desk. Evan of course, goes beyond the call of duty to ensure I was comfortable and for that alone, all the other issues, I had during this last stay, were inconsequential. I stayed here from Jan 6 - 17 and for the most part the stay was good.
I do want to mention that this last stay, I had some minor issues with housekeeping, the room not being thoroughly cleaned, (e.g. a piece of tissue remained on the floor for three days before it was picked up by housekeeping), some days i did not receive clean towels or there were no amenities were left (I had to write a note to request soap) and for a couple days the bed was incompletely made up, definitely not the standards I was use to receiving during my previous stays. Overall, while the rooms are a bit small, its comfy with EXCELLENT beds and much improved pillows (unlike other tiny wimpy square pillows). I did not use the pool as it was freaking cold and was very much thankful for the courtesy shuttle. I'm not sure when I will be back in St Paul, but when I do, I will def stay at this hotel.
* The only thing that can be added, is a guest laundry for people who have extended stays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown St. Paul has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Hotel St. Paul-Downtown. You are in the heart of it all! If you are attending a hockey game, concert, or convention, you are across the street from Xcel Energy Center and the RiverCentre Convention Center. If you are visiting St. Paul on business, then you will appreciate staying within 4 blocks of Travelers, Infor, Ecolab, and many more companies. Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and the Mall of America are only minutes away. If you are planning a family vacation, you are steps from the Science Museum of Minnesota and a short walk to the Minnesota History Center, Minnesota Children s Museum, Palace Theater, and the Ordway Center. We are also the closest hotel to Children's and United Hospitals. While you're here be sure to visit St. Paul's only authentic Irish Pub, The Liffey, located in our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown Hotel Saint Paul
- Holiday Inn Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Holiday Inn