“You pay a lot of money for dry and average pastries and horrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wuollet Bakery

Wuollet Bakery
Ranked #6 of 16 Bakeries in Saint Paul
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

If there were the option to put no rating I would have. The Customer service SUCKS!

Prior to visiting for the first time I've heard great reviews about the pastries and when I saw the Groupon deals I decided to buy 3 based on what I've heard. Did I regret it.

First visit, I waited patiently for a sales associate to help me, when I asked her what whole tortes they had available she pointed to the small area where they were held, poor selection. After I made my torte selection, I decided to get three cupcakes and took a few minutes to decide, which was received buy a *sigh* and irritation, she rang me quickly up and then moved on to the next customer - no thank you. So I thought maybe it was because I got the sales rep on a bad day, returned again today to use my second Groupon. To my surprise that sales associate was even ruder. She quickly packed up my torte, charged me for three croissants, and two cupcakes, I only asked for 1 croissant by the way, and when I had issues pulling up my Groupon she ignored me, walked away. I apologized for my 4G not working, to no response. After I got it to work, I paid my extra balance ($21) with my VISA. After she was done running my card through, she literally threw my card on the counter and walked away. NO THANK, NO "here's your card back", NOTHING. I waited around for a few minutes because I thought she was going to the back to get a bag to bag my items, nope. She went into the back room and started working. HORRIBLE Customer service and RUDE!

Here's the thing, it is pricey at Wuollets, almost $3.00 for one croissant, $2.00 for one cupcake, $26 - $38 for tortes. At that price I would expect great service and good food. The cupcakes were dry and not too fresh, comparable to Cub Foods cupcakes, I've had better croissants at Sam's Club and you get more for your money. I'm even considering not using my last Groupon, I'd rather not be treated that way for dry, overrated pastries.

If you want GREAT Pastries with GREAT Service, head down to Cafe Latte down a few blocks to Victoria and Grand. After visting Wuollets I would NEVER recommend this place to any of my friends and family. They get a big FAIL in my book.

• Visited November 2011

San Diego
“Downhill slide for once great bakery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have been going to Wuollet for years, and for the last five years I have found their bakery products horrible. This summer I purchased their Hot Fudge Creme Cake for my uncle's birthday. A decade ago it tasted fresh, delicious and with real whipped cream. The cake I purchased in July was dry, tasteless, and the whipped cream had a rank flavor to it. All for the incredible bargain of $28.00. (10 inch circular.) Most of their danish, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts lack any flavor and are usually dry. I have a feeling everything is pre-mixed from some bakery distributor. It's nothing at all like the Bungalow Bakery of old back in the '60s and '70s. I wish I could write a favorable review for a local once legendary bakery, but it's let me down way too many times. Save your money and purchase your baked goods at your local supermarket. You'll get the same low-quality product for a cheaper price.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Harvestlyn
Roseville, Minnesota
“Tasteless and over priced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Just because a bakery is located in a yuppified neighborhood does not necessarily mean it give a quality product.
I shopped here with a half price certificate and I was still sadly taken for a ride. A loaf of pecan raisin bread was $6.80...when I got it home, I realized it was tasteless, light weight and dry...(big rip off!) had to use it for french toast. The brownies were nasty! (like mushy sugar) and the muffins were like they used a box cake batter.
I have purchased better quality and much better tasting bakery at Walmart for a third of the price. I know they are in a high buck neighborhood and have been there forever...but it does not mean you have to let your standards drop to make that buck. Shame on you Wuollet!

1 Thank Kitty1515
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

I came to the Robbinsdale location at 8 am. I was not greeted, the male clerk wouldn't make eye contact with me just wanted to know what size of box. Boxed up my pastries without talking to me and threw them at me on the counter. I get better customer service at Cub Foods. The pastries were delicious but after working a long night shift at the hospital I would have appreciated a smile and thank you.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank montanaj
St. Paul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

Counter staff are not pleasant and not professional. Example, when I paid with a credit card, the young man behind the counter appeared irritated, threw my credit card on the counter and told me to sign the receipt - without giving me a pen to use. When I requested a pen to sign with, he threw that on the counter also (versus handing it to me). The baked goods are very overpriced - the cupcakes are on the dry side and not worth the price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PeachieSt_Paul

Been to Wuollet Bakery? Share your experiences!