“One of my favorite buffets”
Review of Christo's - CLOSED

Christo's
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I enjoy the luncheon buffet at Christos. It is cloe to my workplace, making it easy access for business lunches. The food is consistent and I find it easy to get my fill (and alas more). the quality of the buffet food is good - not overcooked or dried out.

I enjoy the tomato soup, the salads, olives and tabouleh. I ususally get a bit of the gyro meat and rice with Stifado (beef stew) as well.

My vegetarian friend finds plenty to eat as well, either form the buffet or off the menu.

Did I mention the complementary baklava?

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Recently my family---4 adults and 2 children, ate dinner at Christo's and were very pleased by the menu and food. We particularly loved the octopus which was lightly breaded and very fresh. We also had a plate which featured many selections on the menu and was for 2 people. It was served with either soup or salad, both of which were good. The plate had offerings such as stuffed grape leaves, moussaka, spanakopita, a spicy sausage, potatoes, and all were very good. We also tried the baklava, rice pudding, and custard filled pastry and were pleased with all. One of the party had the lamb shank which he said was excellent. Definitely Christo's is a good place to eat and we plan to go again.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

All Christo's restaurants in the Twin Cities are terrific. We go to the Minnetonka location often. Try the Combination Plate and the tomato basil soup. The lamb chops are excellent, too. Gus, the owner, is very personable and always makes one feel welcome.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We went to a wedding reception here last week. It was the nicest reception I have been to, with easily the best food I have had at a reception. A small buffet included a beef tenderloin dish in a yummy sauce over orzo, and a chicken mushroom/mint phyllo entree.
It was just a beautiful reception site, and the food a huge cut above typical reception food! Someday I'd like to try the regular menu!

Reviewed February 12, 2010

The location of Christos in St Paul is worth a trip in itself, and the food and service are both up to the soaring high-ceiling of the the former Union Depot. They have broken up the huge interior beautifully with fabric and lighting. The food is classic American Greek with a strong influence from Cyprus, which is also well represented on the wine list. My pork tenderloin was some of the best I have had in the Twin Cities, and the portion was huge. The tabouli salad that came before it was also perfect and far too much for me to eat. (I took both home, of course.) The other three of our party had their entrees in phyllo pastry (chicken, spanakopita, and salmon) and all thought the phyllo was a bit too buttery. That's a judgment call, as no doubt some prefer the heavier style of phyllo. The wine list is not long but has a wide variety, including the hard-to-find Primitivo. I just wish that there had been an option of stemware for the wine, as the thick tavern-style glasses don't do justice to their top-end wines. All in all, it was a very pleasant evening.