“Nice pub”

Eagle Street Grille
Ranked #117 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eagle Street Grille features a mob-themed menu- a reference to St. Paul’s notorious reputation during the 1930’s as a heaven for mob bosses, gangsters and other criminals. The menu offers a delicious combination of burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads and platters. Entrees include juicy steaks, tender chicken, luscious seafood, hearty pasta and zesty ribs. Eagle Street Grille also offers a complete take-out menu. In addition, we offer great views of downtown Saint Paul and W 7th St. Located directly across the street from Xcel Energy Center, with three bars, private dining, free wireless internet and over 16 tvs.
St Louis
“Nice pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Like a higher end college pub. I thought would have been busier on NFL Wild card football days with the Vikings playing. Hard to read menu, loud atmosphere but good food and good service and great drinks! The food is more extensive than your average bar food so don't think wings and beer, we had good salads. Best food at the table was the Nachos!

Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“How many times can I say average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Average. Average. Average. Average. Average. OK I'll stop now. Average. Sorry. Average sports bar. Oops. Wont do that again.
Went here for lunch.
Menu was extensive. Many burgers and sandwiches to choose from. Almost too many. I was disappointed to learn from our server that the walleye sandwich was deep fried. Passed on that. So I ordered a mushroom steak sandwich. It was not what I expected in that instead of an actual steak it was pieces of steak with a few bits of mushrooms. Maybe I was hungry, but I woofed it down anyway. Average at best. Cole slaw was good.
Would I go back? I think I would try some of the other nearby restaurants/ grills in the area before I'd revisit this place.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Happy Hour is always a good time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently visited the Eagle Street Grille for an event called 1st Thursday Happy Hour. The event was fun and the place was a good mix of restaurant and bar. There were 4 areas to either dine or to meander through. I liked the fire place and couch/chair area. I ordered the Lettuce Wraps and they were surprisingly delightful. The Lettuce wraps had a Thai/Mexican flavor and loved the yummy Guacamole that came with it. The services was just okay, but ambiance of the place had a good vibe. The First Thursday Happy Hour was fun and I had the opportunity to meet some new people. I think its cool when restaurants and bars open up to events like the one I attended. I would go back again.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Love their comfy couches and fireplaces.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Eagle Street has a great atmosphere. Lots of comfy places to sit, fire places, at least two bars. It's a great spot to go for a drink or a meal. (We mostly drink there.) Since the NHL is locked out, there should be plenty of space to relax by the fire and have a conversation with friends.

Visited November 2012
New Ulm, Minnesota
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very disappointed we chose this restaurant when we had tickets to see Bob Dylan across the street at the Xcel. We had remembered delicious garlic sauteed spinach, seseme green beans, and asparagus we had before a Billy Joel concert several years ago, and were excited to see these choices were still offered on their menu. However, we were told the restaurant's policy was not to serve those vegies when there was an event at the Xcel! Apparently they take too long (in spite of the fact we arrived 2-and-a-half hours early). I guess they just want to push through as many customers as possible. I likely will not return. Seems like false advertising to me, since we looked the menu up beforehand online and I had been looking forward to the asparagus all day.

• Visited November 2012